is a 2D Fighting Game
made by Examu of Arcana Heart
fame, and the gameplay is pretty similar too. It could be said that Daemon Bride is what BlazBlue
is for Arcana Heart
's Guilty Gear
, well except that Daemon Bride replaces 'Arcana' with 'Angels and Demons' for helpers, and has more sausages compared to Arcana Heart
. It sadly has yet to receive a console release nor a release outside the Japanese version.
The game takes place in a school named "Kyoritsu Stella" where students received Contracts from the higher beings to reshape the torn world after a certain incident. Those receiving the Contract of Angel want to use the power to protect the world. Those who receive the Contract of Demon want to use the power for their personal gain, though most of the time they're not necessarily evil. This obviously led to a clash between both sides.
The main characters/rival setting include Kuon Sumeragi of the Angel side, helped with Angel Michael, and Reizei Abane of the Demon side, helped with Demon Lucifer. And in case you're wondering, despite the names, the helpers are female
. But aside of them, the game also offers various characters too.
Will receive an update a la BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
which adds up balance changes, sidebars a la Arcana Heart 3
and a new character (Pure), titled Daemon Bride: Additional Gain
1st Crusade. Judge!
- Bald of Awesome: Dawn.
- Big Bad: The final boss Dies Irae with Demiurge.
- Captain Ersatz: Kuon looks a bit like Setsuna F. Seiei, and also has the same voice to boot.
- Church Militant: Licht Wulfstan Schwarz and Yui Emelia Mitsukihara. Or at least that's how their costume is like.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite being helped by Demons, those who side with them aren't cackling evil maniacs, they're just mostly rebellious.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Noah Tobari. Look at his design, he has short, but slightly girlish hair, delicate face, wears a skirt, has a female voice. Until you realize that every 'Angel'/'Demon' helper is always of the opposite sex...
- Embodiment Of Virtue: The Brides of the Angel side, named after the Seven Archangels.
- Michael: Righteousness
- Uriel: Courage
- Rafael: Wisdom
- Gabriel: Love
- Zadkiel: Loyalty / Faith
- Metatron: Fidelity / Chastity
- Haniel: Prudence
- Evil Counterpart: Judgment Day is basically an 'evil' Kuon on the Demon side with a Fallen Michael. Meanwhile, Rebellion is basically a 'good' Reizei on the Angel side with a 'Redeemed' Lucifer. In Additional Gain, Pure is one for Nina, basically Nina with devil horns and a Fallen Zadkiel.
- Femme Fatale: Eve. Not only she's the token 'big boobs' character and being on the Devil side... she also abuses her Devil like a dominatrix.
- Gentle Giant: Despite being with a Demon which is a poisoning squid and a big scary bald guy, Dawn is actually more kind-hearted and doesn't like unnecessary conflicts
- Giant Squid: Dawn's Demon Mammon takes form of one, and attached itself to Dawn's arm. Guess what it's used for
- Gratuitous English: "Crusade Is End"
- Heel-Face Turn: Shining Rebellion and Judgement Day compared to their normal counterparts. See the Evil Counterpart section above.
- Hidden Buxom: Even if she is fully dressed, you might not realize that Yui Emelia's bust size is... 91 cm.
- Horny Devils: Reizei occasionally sprouts devil wings and has devil horns on his head. He's still human though. Also Pure.
- Hot-Blooded: Asuma Shidou, moreso that his Angel lets him play with fire, and he yells ontop of his lungs in every opportunity.
- Also while Reizei kept his cool most of the time, sometimes when he attacks, he is pretty Hot-Blooded to near Nobuyuki Hiyama levels (kudos goes to the seiyuu for such near-perfect imitation)
- Hot Librarian: Emelia
- Improbable Weapon User: Nina Sumeragi uses a gigantic scissors to fight.
- Kick Chick: Eve
- Names to Know in Anime: They don't hold their punches here. We have Mamoru Miyano, Kissho Taniyama, Kentarō Itō, Mamiko Noto, Daisuke Ono, Rina Sato, Kana Hanazawa, Emiri Katou to name a few...
- No Export for You: The arcades are always in Japanese. Considering the heavy Judeo-Christian reference of this and the US' stance about them, it is unfortunately quite justified.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Demon Asmodeus takes form of a snake, and makes contract to an otherwise demure Kureha Yamisaka, turning her into the Demon side.
- The Rival: Since Kuon is the default hero, Reizei takes this spot.
- Satan: One of the Demons named after him possessed a dog named Pekomaru, making it a bipedal shadow dog with a Pteranodon skull for head.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Every Angel side characters are well dressed or at least cover much of their skins. Every Demon side characters usually shows more skins (especially Eve), with the possible exception of Shiffon. The exceptions are probably Rebellion, Judgment Day and Pure.
- Seven Deadly Sins: The Brides of the Demon side, almost all but one of them being named after the Seven Princes of Hell (Belphegor was not included at all in this game but was replaced by Astaroth as the Demon of Sloth).
- Lucifer: Pride
- Astaroth: Sloth
- Satan: Wrath
- Mammon: Greed
- Leviathan: Envy
- Asmodeus: Lust
- Beelzebub: Gluttony
- Sinister Scythe: Kureha. But her personality is more demure than the trope says.
- SNK Boss: Dies Irae can be this, with his constant teleporting, lock on projectiles (not to mention more conventional ones that do obscene damage) and a super that does around 80% of your health bar.
- Student Council President: Kuon is Kyoritsu Stella's president. Reizei used to be vice-president, but left and his spot was replaced by Asuma.
- Spiritual Successor: To Arcana Heart.
- Token Mini-Moe: Nina
- Victory Pose: One of the few fighting games to NOT include this. Once you beat your enemy for the last round, the screen fades to white and it goes to your character stating their victory quote.
Crusade Is End