is a rather obscure
arcade game made in 1994 by Mitchell, of Pang
fame. You control a pair of ninjas killing people in totally unrelated scenarios, such as the Wild West, a stadium and a haunted house/laboratory.
It plays like a fairly average Platform Game
, crossed with a Fighting Game
: our heroes are able to perform a variety of special moves with specific button and joystick movement combinations. It also has a very peculiar art style, which looks like a homage/parody of American comic book and cartoon characters, complete with Written Sound Effects
, many years before Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
made this style cool and fashionable.
This game provides examples of:
- Acro Fatic: The boss of stage four, a huge quarterback.
- Agony of the Feet: Happens to both the player and enemies if they step on spikes.
- Athletic Arena Level: Stage 4.
- Fat Bastard: Bear.
- Flunky Boss: Every boss after the first one.
- Get Back Here Boss: The second, third and fifth bosses will run away once their health gets low, forcing you to catch up with them while running through a slew of mooks.
- Gratuitous English: Fitting with the cartoon-inspired style of the game. Our heroes shout "Yeah!" when they complete a level, and every boss says "I GIVE UP" when defeated.
- Guide Dang It: While the attract mode takes its time to show that, by pressing both the jump and shoot button at the same time, you will activate the temporary invincibility (A rather difficult feat, huh?), the button and movement sequences used to perform the special moves are explained absolutely nowhere in the game.
- Hearts Are Health
- Hockey Mask and Chainsaw: The Jason parodies in the last stage.
- Leatherman: The third boss is a Macho Camp, kiss-blowing, gas-belching moustached delinquent named Freddie... Borders on Take That crossed with No Celebrities Were Harmed.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Freddie (mentioned above) and possibly Sanders (an officer named Sanders).
- One-Hit Kill: Dr. Mac's horizontal charge move. If this hits, you're dead regardless of health.
- Mad Scientist: Some enemies in the final stage, and the Final Boss.
- Sai Guy: One of the weapons. These lets you fire out homing Sais.
- Satire/Parody/Pastiche: Two enemies are parodies of Rambo and Jason Voorhees.
- Shoryuken: One of the special input moves, performed with a Shoryuken motion no less.
- Some Dexterity Required: You can input Street Fighter-esque motions to use Special attacks.
- Special Attack: Three of them
- Dragon Stab (F, D, DF, Attack): Slides across the ground with a stab, the does a Shoryuken
- Dragoon Spin (U, UF, F, Attack): Does a spinning move that damages enemies
- Hurricane Slam (D, DF, F, Jump): Performs a Hurricane Kick that move upwards, can be controlled with left/right.
- Take Cover: Pressing Attack and Jump will make you use an Invisibility Cloak, rendering you invulnerable to attacks. It wears off after a short time, though.
- Taken for Granite: Dr Mac's machine can fire out energy rings that petrify you.
- Underground Monkey: The coloured ninjas. Green ones turn into a spikeball that floats up and sprays spikes, Black ones throw a shuriken, Blue ones slash the player, Pink ones do a diving attack, and Yellow ones throw firebombs.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: It seems averted when you meet female enemies, cheerleaders. But then you kill them and they're exposed as Wholesome Crossdressers. No, screw that, Butt-Ugly Crossdressers.