Video Game / Charlie The Duck
Charlie The Duck
is a 1996 shareware Mario-like Platform Game
for DOS/PC made by Wiering Software in which you control a duck named Charlie. Each world in the game has three levels and a boss. The game and its 2001 sequel have a free trial
available. There's also a flash version
with different levels.
Charlie The Duck tropes:
Charlie II tropes:
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: You must collect at least 60% of the items in a stage to unlock the exits.
- Have a Nice Death: Each level and boss song has a death jingle.
- No Ending, A Winner is You: Don't expect more than a wall of text for the ending.
- Recurring Boss: The boss is always the same robot with balls orbiting it, but with new attacks.
- Secret Level: Find the secret exits to enter them.
- Spikes of Doom: Spikes kill Charlie in a single hit. What's annoying is that you often have to fall on holes to find items, but you can't know for sure if there are or not any spikes down there until you drop.
- Springs, Springs Everywhere: A recurring gimmick.