Hi, I'm Revelo I am 22 Years old and hail from Bristol, England. I have been a regular to the TV Tropes
Wiki for months now, after making a few anonymous contributions I decided it was time to join up here properly. I believe I found this site whilst google browsing, as well as on a link related to a website picking apart the webcomic called Ctrl+Alt+Del.
My hobbies and favourite shows include the following:
- Science Fiction: Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Red Dwarf, Firefly, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Stargate SG-1.
- Sports: Football, Formula One, Darts
- Video Games: My favourites include The Elder Scrolls, Half-Life, Call of Duty, Command & Conquer, Football Manager, Fallout
- Music: Mostly Rock and Metal - Metallica, Reel Big Fish, The Offspring, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Nightwish and Foo Fighters.
- TV Shows: Blackadder, Only Fools And Horses, Mock the Week, Have I Got News for You
- Films: Lord of the Rings, The Godfather, Forrest Gump, Evil Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, Saving Private Ryan
- Comics: X-Men, Deadpool, Green Lantern, The Flash
I started the Match of the Day
, Soccer Saturday
, Football Manager
articles, Lately I have also created the English Premier League
article too. I also started the page about The West Country
naturally, since I come from that region. I usually hang around Science Fiction, comics and Video Game articles but also am quite involved in editing and adding to the Formula One
article and have made some contributions to the Asperger Syndrome
article. This is due to my love of the sport and having followed it since I was very young and also due to being an Aspie. I am looking to see what other articles I can become more of a regular on. I have also taken more of a role in editing and adding to The Beautiful Game
articles, currently editing the Footyleagues one. I also did a big rewrite of the Gladiators
article to do the page justice and came up with the Space Battle
trope lately too.
I tend to specialize in doing major improvements and overhauls on articles rather than creating my own pages. Usually beccause my prefered subjects tend to be a bit lacking on here so I enjoy showing them with the Wiki Magic
. The latest article to get an overhaul was Takeshi's Castle
You can find me on Facebook as myself
, the Escapist as Revelo
and on Xbox Live also as Revelo
. Feel free to add me but make sure you mention where you found me. That way I don't get confused.
I provide examples of the following tropes:
- Asperger Syndrome: Yes, I have it. Yes I have been officially diagnosed by a Doctor. I also don't use it as an excuse and have embraced it as part of what makes me who I am. So I won't really bring it up much; I will tell friends I have it once or twice and leave it at that. I function perfectly fine in my day to day life and in some ways TV Tropes has helped me with that.
- Badass Longcoat: A Trenchcoat is my prefered form of outdoor wear. I have been dubbed Matrix as a result.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Although Your Mileage May Vary on that. See bellow.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: my sense of humor is very dry and very dirty. But I still respect boundries and what women want.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Basically, who I am all the time.
- Complaining about People Not Liking the Show: The situation at my University, to the point I nearly quit because I had nothing in common with anyone there. Thankfully this year is much better and I have some good friends there now, but generally you will not see anyone else at my Uni who likes the same things I do.
- Completely Missing the Point: Sometimes this hap[pens accidently. Other times I will look at somrthing and make a completely random comment about it, leaving people either bafled or laughing.
- Deadpan Snarker: Happens all the time.
- Fingerless Gloves: I wear a pair outdoors most of the time.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: I am in my 4th year of an Engineering degree and my perfered snack is packets of Fruit Pastiles and Jelly Babies
- Man Child: Usually what my sense of humor falls into. It keeps me amused and stops me being a cynic all the time though.
- Mistaken for Gay: I'm not sure how though. I am quite straight thank you, although the fact I can pull off a hillariously accurate camp accent at times doesn't help.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Either I am going around saying anything that pops into my head and coming up with enough innuendo's to fill a porn flick or I am picking apart life's flaws at the seams with a pinch of dark humour. However I don't try to offend anyone and would do anything for my friends just to see them smile.
- Nice Hat: I wear a trilby frequently.
- That Came Out Wrong: To the point I deliberately invoke this trope.
- The Power of Friendship: Invoked as much as possible, one day I will make it my personal superpower!
- Tv Tropes Will Enhance Your Life: My exposure to this site has allowed me to recognise more tropes in Fiction and in Real Life. They have even started filtering into my vocabulary too. Plus as I have already mentioned, it has helped me in social situations too.
- Your Mileage May Vary: My sense of humor, my quirky mannerisms and tendancy to say whatever pops into my head comes under this, either you Love It or Hate It. Most of my friends are really close to me due to growing accustomed and used to how I act and even joining in on occasion. I wouldn't change those friends for the world and consider myself lucky to know such nice people. People have been put off me for the same reasons mind.
- Zombie Apocalypse: I am ready for it, how about you?