Tropers: Ka Blammer 4 Life
This is the troper formerly known as Tokenmaster
(wanted to have consistency with other sites I frequent) AND KaBlamoid 4 Life
(changed because I forgot my password).
First things first: I love KaBlam!
and Grand Theft Auto
. Love 'em. Seriously, I've seen every KaBlam!
episode I could find (and seen each one at least twice), played every Grand Theft Auto
game starting with III
(and played each one at least twice). I don't know if I'd call KaBlam!
show I've ever seen, but it's definitely my favorite. But I think Grand Theft Auto
is the greatest game series of all time. Even though I don't spend all my time watching/playing KaBlam!
, it's about as close as I am to being a nerd about something (the keywords being "as close").
Before we get too far, I have to admit that I used to write intentionally horrible fanfiction for lulz,
as well as spoof actual horrible fanfiction
. What fanfictions did I write? Well... does the name "hunterjeanmidna" mean anything to you? Yep, I wrote Avatars II: When Qwaritch Takes Revenge
and Alvan An The Chipmunks 3 The Second Squeakuel
. And even though it was a joke, I'm not too proud, especially of the latter
, even if it did have some funny moments (like when Snoop Dogg announces that he's po-lice). Oh well, that's behind me now. If you read my fanfictions and laughed at how stupid and horrible they are, well, good for you. If you read them and were shocked and appalled by how stupid and horrible they are (or offended in the case of the latter story), I apologize for inflicting them on the world.
Anyway, enough of airing out my dirty laundry. Now, I primarily write (actually good) fanfiction and draw fan art, primarily for KaBlam!
. (geez... now I AM
starting to sound like a nerd, aren't I?) I've contributed a lot to TV Tropes, such as creating pages for Mulholland Dr.
, The Notorious B.I.G.
, Boyz n the Hood
, Menace II Society
, and more. I'm also a moderator for a KaBlam forum
... if you like KaBlam!
, then check it out. We'd love to have you aboard.
Tropes that apply to me:
- The Atoner: I really want to make up for writing crack fic somehow, even though they were parodies.
- Bear Hug: First thing you should know about me... I'm a hugger.
- Black and Nerdy - How else do you describe a dude who spends most of his spare time writing fanfiction based on a Nickelodeon cartoon from the 90's?
- Cluster F-Bomb - Admittedly, I have gotten better online (because of the "No Swearing" rule on the KaBlam! forum). But outside the web... (my two favorite swears are "fuck" and "shit", by the way... they just have SO many uses!)
- Crack Fic - As mentioned above, I used to write these. I Got Better.
- Deadpan Snarker - I'm pretty prone to droll, snarky asides.
- Even Nerds Have Standards - As geeky as I can get, I'm not too geeky or weird. Now that I'm actually a serious fanfic writer ("serious fanfic writer"... that's just fucking sad), I absolutely refuse to write erotic porno fics anymore. You couldn't pay me.
- Hype Backlash: Everybody told me that online multiplayer (like Xbox Live) was the bee's knees. I tried it. I played Modern Warfare and Halo3. I was instantly bored. I haven't played online in years. I also kind of feel this way towards Christopher Nolan. (dodges bullets)
- Magnum Opus: Mine is Goodbye June, I think. The expanded version.
- Not a Morning Person: At all.
- Old Shame: hunterjeanmidna. In spades.
- Otaku: I'm frankly obsessed with: KaBlam! (mainly the Henry and June segments), the Grand Theft Auto games (starting with III), the Saints Row games, the Donkey Kong Country games, and rap/hip-hop.
- Rooting for the Empire: My favorite Film/Avatar character is Col. Quaritch, even though I spoofed the near-constant worship he seems to get in my hunterjeanmidna story, Avatars II: When Qwaritch Takes Revenge.
- Shipping: Now usually, I don't give a rat's ass. But Henry X June? I'm hardcore, muthafucka.
- Stealth Parody: Everything I wrote as hunterjeanmidna.
- The Snark Knight: On occasion.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Sometimes I fear that my fanfic could be this, but I try to avoid it like the plague. And if something's really sappy, I tend to Lampshade it.
- WAFF: Most of my KaBlam! fiction gets an "Awwww!" from anyone who reads it.