Run-of-the-mill troper (well, sort of), he's constantly on the prowl for halfway-decent stuff to read, games to play, and cats to pet. Has come off as a jerk to those he's met on the IRC and message boards in the distant past, and now tries his hardest not to say or do anything that'll tick anyone off. Dislikes it when people get a little too "into" a discussion. Tends to root for the underdog...or undercat
, as the case may be.
Has authored and/or created the following page(s):
Tropes Associated With Him Include:
- Berserk Button: Mistreatment of animals, leet-speak, people who imply that his tastes are too conservative. Amongst numerous other things. Staying angry long enough can, in fact, render him sick to his stomach, so he tries to avoid those situations where possible.
- Big Eater: Has a tendency to cram down entire P'Zones in one sitting. His doctor is not happy.
- Catch Phrase: "Ciao mein, everyone," "Don't worry about it". And, to a lesser extent, "Cats rule."
- Another one, coined by a game-obsessed character of his creation: "Life is a game. Play it."
- Celibate Hero: His roleplaying character falls into this category. She has a reputation for being that board's only completely straight girl in a universe of oddballs, with much of her personality channeled from him directly. The troper himself has chosen to avoid romance of any type, having seen the economic and emotional problems associated with it first-hand and not wanting anything to do with it.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Will often lose track of anything he's doing, mostly due to ear worms and imaginary situations.
- Cross Over: Most of his fanfic selections.
- Deadpan Snarker: The attitude he brings towards the world. The direct result of dealing with juvenille behavior for thirteen years running.
- Determinator: Do not claim that a game can't or won't be beat. And do not say that you are the best at it. All that does is give him an excuse to try it for himself and dismantle those beliefs piece by piece.
- Deliberately set out to beat Ten Desires with Youmu on Normal before the other characters, and succeeded.
- An exception has been made, though, with I Wanna Be the Guy for obvious reasons.
- Every Things Cuter With Kittens: An everyday mindset. Has been in love with cats and kittens since childhood.
- Old Shame: His first serious effort at fanfiction, a Self-Insert Fic that depicted him as a mutant cat (alongside several others) fighting against the Sailor Senshi several times. It has never seen the light of day on the Internet, and considering its content it is just as well.
- Nowadays, he considers everything he wrote prior to 2005 to be this.
- Pungeon Master: Never get caught between him and his father in a pun war.
- Rule of Funny: Operates by this rule. Give him some clean humor, and you've got yourself a reader.
- Self-Deprecation: Tends to call himself a dingbat whenever he does something stupid.
- Self-Insert Fic: Has written no less than four of these, with his most recent effort being the one he's happiest with. Not like that is saying much, though.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: And don't you forget it.
- Sci-Fi Writers Have No Sense of Scale: The in-school RPG he had with his friends had plenty of instances of this. A spaceship big enough to be seen lightyears away, just to name one example... He has mentioned in the past that if he knew that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would be airing years after he graduated, he probably would've kept the ship around.
- Shipping: Averted. Avoids romantic discussions and pairings altogether, both in real life (as stated earlier) and in the fanfics he writes. The way he figures it, talking about those topics is a gigantic waste of breath and bytes.
- Squee!: Had this reaction when he realized that one of his fanfics had made it to Touhou's Fanfic Recs page, and subsequently walked on air the rest of the day.
- Tender Tears: Easily moved to these, but then again fits of depression aren't that uncommon with him.
This troper also expresses fondness and/or has knowledge of the following media:
- Average Joe In Bullet Hell: One of his most favorite fanfics. The idea of a newcomer showing up in Gensokyo and not being either a jerk or an overpowered ninny appeals to him.
- Dilbert: Finds it hard not to feel sympathetic for this guy.
- Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z: "Charisma" this, Michel.
- Detective Conan
- Dragon Ball: More specifically, Z.
- Garfield: Do you even need to ask?
- Get Fuzzy
- G Gundam: Thinks it was the gigantic King of Hearts that first got his attention.
- Grand Tour Series
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: At first because of the music and animation, and later because of Grey Delisle's voice acting. Doesn't hurt to have a few cats as minor characters, either.
- Mega Mari: The game that jump-started his interest in the Touhou series in general.
- Megas XLR: By simple virtue of the fact that he digs giant robots.
- Mega Man Zero: This more than the other series, being that it's the only one that he's played to completion. The ZX series doesn't count, having only two games to its name at present.
- One Piece: One of his present addictions. SUUUPAAAAAA!
- Outlaw Star
- Raocow: It's a thing.
- Sailor Moon: His introduction to anime, discovered while channel-surfing in the garage as a kid. Helps that the first thing he saw was Luna. Still doesn't understand why some people can't stand Chibi-Usa.
- Samurai Pizza Cats: Was active in the fandom once upon a time. Now awaits the day when the series is released on DVD.
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast: The first few seasons of this (the later seasons started to get too vulgar for his tastes), plus Cartoon Planet. It helps that his father likes some of Brak's one-liners ("I used to be temporarily insane; now I'm just stupid").
- Star Wars Expanded Universe: Both this and the original series. He is taken with these on up to the end of the New Jedi Order series, and collects the miniatures in preparation for a rematch with his brother.
- SWAT Kats: Don't worry about going here. The Enforcers will handle this.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Again, because of Grey Delisle's voice acting (and Grim's awesomely Evil Laugh). The brand of humor involved tends to disgust him, however.
- Touhou: Tends to favor the fighting games over the vertical shooters, though. And he hates going up against Yukari.