- Dawson Casting: Suzanne Snyder (Deb) was 22 while filming her role as a high school student.
- Largely averted, however, with the rest of the main cast. Judie Aronson (Hilly) was 20. Robert Downey, Jr. (Ian) was 19. Robert Rusler (Max) turned 19 during filming. Averted most of all with Gary and Wyatt: Anthony Michael-Hall was 16 while Ilan Mitchell-Smith was only 15.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Bill "Aliens" Paxton as Chet, Robert Downey Jr. as a school bully, and Anthony Michael Hall as one of the leads.
- Counts doubly for Chet, as Paxton has stated on record that Aliens' Hudson effectively is Chet, and that he was hired specifically to play the same character in his day job.
- Max later went on to become a Starfury fighter pilot on ''Babylon 5''
- The leader of the killer mutant biker gang (Vernon Wells) is Wez from ''The Road Warrior''!
- The bald mutant biker who'd hate to lose his teaching job is Pluto from The Hills Have Eyes. Actor Michael Berryman has been in more than fifty films since the 1970s.
- The female biker (Jennifer Balgobin) became Dr. Lillian Hobbes on ''Babylon 5''.
- Look for a very young David Hodges (a 19-year-old Wallace Langham), who tells Lisa that his name is Art and shortly thereafter gets zapped into a TV set.
- Deb went on to become a neo-nazi. And she doesn't like apple pie.
The TV show:
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Tobias Beecher plays Chett!
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Richard Steven Horvitz voices the Yoda-like mentor in "Magic Comet Ride."
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: It was years before and years since a DVD release of Seasons 1 and 2 came out. The series also hasn't aired on American television in a decade. The series is, however, available on Hulu. Downside is that eleven episodes are missing.
- The Other Darrin: Wyatt's Mom and Dad.
- Real-Life Relative: Gary's mother is played by Joyce Bulifant, John Mallory Asher's actual mother.
- Screwed by the Network: USA never aired the last six episodes. Instead, they aired a year later on special airings on the Sci-Fi Channel.
- What Could Have Been: Seth Green auditioned for Gary and came very close to getting cast.