Creator: Robin Wright
Robin Gayle Wright (born April 8, 1966) is an American actress and singer.From 1984 to 1988, she starred in the television series Santa Barbara as Kelly Capwell, which earned her multiple Daytime Emmy nominations. She made the transition to film, starring in The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump (earning her a Golden Globe Award nomination), Toys, Message in a Bottle, Unbreakable, The Conspirator, Moneyball and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. She also appears as Claire Underwood in the Netflix series House of Cards, for which she was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, and for which she won the Golden Globe in 2014 for best actress in a TV series (drama), making her the first actress to win a Golden Globe for an online-only web television series.From 1996 to 2010, she was married to actor Sean Penn, with whom she has two children.
She appeared in
- The Princess Bride
- Forrest Gump
- Moll Flanders
- Message in a Bottle
- The Pledge
- The Last Castle
- White Oleander
- The Singing Detective
- What Just Happened
- State of Play
- A Christmas Carol (2009)
- The Conspirator
- Saturday Night Live
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- House of Cards (US)
- The Congress
- Adam Westing: She plays a version of herself fallen on hard times in The Congress.
- Directed by Cast Member: Directed a few episodes of House of Cards (US).
- Everyone Loves Blondes: She occasionally play Ms. Fanservice characters.
- Fake Nationality: She played a fake German in Beowulf, and a fake German Swede in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- Star-Making Role: For mainstream audiences, Forrest Gump. For many, the Cult Classic The Princess Bride.
- What Could Have Been:
- Backed out of the role of Maid Marian in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves upon discovering that she was pregnant with her first child.
- She turned down the role of Dr. Chase Meridian in Batman Forever.
- Had to back out of the role of Abby McDeere in The Firm upon discovering that she was pregnant with her second child.