YMMV: Weird Science
The TV show:
- Creator's Pet: Chett. The producers liked Lee Tergesen's Large Ham performances so much that they started writing bigger and bigger parts for Chett, eventually making him a Secret Keeper in the final season.
- Growing the Beard: Starting in the second 13-episode season (when Wyatt's hairstyle changes) the writing improved considerably, moving away from the premise of the movie toward more fanciful magic and sci-fi adventures, and giving Chett more to do than just be the Butt Monkey.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Bikini Camp Slasher" parodies all the horror/slasher movie tropes—about a year before Scream (1996) came out.
- In "You'll Never Eat Brains in This Town Again," while trying to coordinate a stunt, Chett kicks a zombie's head off - except he thought it was just a student actor and subsequently thinks he killed someone. While trying to bribe Wyatt into not testifying against him, a panicked Chett exclaims, "I can't go to prison!" Turns out, he did go to prison.
- In the second episode, Wyatt and Gary get a hold of a universal remote that allows them to control time. Sounds familiar.
- Nightmare Fuel: Enough to keep you having nightmares for a week or so, but not quite to Steven Moffat's extent.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: A bit too adult for teenagers, possibly...
- "It's purely sexual"
- Cliché Storm
- Signature Scene: Lisa's first appearance and first words: "So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?". This is the scene most frequently parodied.
- Strawman Has a Point: Gary's father. Even a liberal parent would think more than twice before letting his/her 15-years-old kid go to a party so vividly (and without a slightest trace of irony) described by Lisa.