Trivia: The Wolf of Wall Street
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Jonah Hill made only $60,000 (the lowest possible SAG-AFTRA rate) on the film; he simply wanted the opportunity to work with Martin Scorsese.
- Billing Displacement: Matthew McConaughey is billed fourth, but only appears in three scenes.
- Fake American: The Australian Margot Robbie as Naomi (though Naomi is half British)
- Fake Nationality: The French Jean Dujardin as a Swiss banker. Although considering that Switzerland is a multi-cultural nation with German, French, Austrian and Italian influences, it makes sense for a French man to pass as Swiss.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Spike Jonze as Dwayne, the Investor Center head who introduces Jordan to penny stocks.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: DiCaprio is a nice person in real life, while Jordan is a corrupt stockbroker.
- Playing Against Type: Leonardo DiCaprio usually plays brooding anti-heroes in dramas. Here, he plays a Villain Protagonist in a dark comedy. In his Golden Globe acceptance speech, he said "I never would've guessed that I would've won for Best Actor in a comedy". However, he's still playing the conman.
- Star-Making Role: Not that she was entirely obscure beforehand, but Margot Robbie's profile was increased considerably by her appearance in this film, to the point where she was widely considered a serious candidate for the Best Supporting Actress category at the 2014 Oscars (though ultimately wasn't nominated).
- What Might Have Been: