Creator: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (sometimes abbreviated to JGL), born February 17, 1981, started his acting career in commercials as a child, getting his big break starring in the 1994 Disney remake of Angels in the Outfield, before starring in the show 3rd Rock from the Sun. Since then, he has broken out of the role that 3rd Rock put him in, first starring in a string of indie films, receiving acclaim from critics for his performances in such movies as Mysterious Skin and Brick. After such movies brought him to the attention of major Hollywood producers, he began to work his way into big budget productions, with prominent supporting roles in Inception and The Dark Knight Rises and leading roles in 50/50 and Looper. He has been acclaimed by critics on many occasions, and increased public interest in his movies has made him a star on the rise.He also runs a Web site called hitRECord.org, where collaborators from around the world work on various projects. Once a month, Joe will select one "record" to publish and split the money between all the contributors. You can find his tumblr here.He prefers to be called Joe.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has starred in:
- Angels in the Outfield (1994) as Roger Bomman
- 3rd Rock from the Sun as Tommy Solomon (1996–2001)
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) as Cameron James
- The Outer Limits (1995) as Zach Henniger in "Something About Harry" (2000)
- Manic (2001) as Lyle Jensen
- Treasure Planet (2002) as Jim Hawkins
- Mysterious Skin (2003) as Neil McCormick
- Brick (2005) as Brendan Frye
- The Lookout (2007) as Chris Pratt
- Uncertainty (2009) as Bobby
- Killshot (2009) as Richie Nix
- (500) Days of Summer (2009) as Tom Hansen
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) — The Doctor aka Rex King aka Cobra Commander
- Inception (2010) — Arthur
- Hesher (2010) - Hesher
- 50/50 (2011) - Adam Lerner
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Officer/Detective Robin John Blake
- Premium Rush (2012) - Wilee
- Looper (2012) Younger Joe
- Lincoln (2012) Robert Todd Lincoln
- Don Jon (2013) - Jon Martello; also writer and director
- The Wind Rises (2013) - voice of Jiro Horikoshi in English
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014) - Johnny
- Untitled Fraggle Rock movie (TBA, est. 2017)
Tropes associated with JGL:
- Antiquated Linguistics: The entire narration of Morgan M. Morgansen's Date with Destiny.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Disturbingly, Robin and the Joker really look like each other◊.
- Directed by Cast Member: He wrote, directed and co-starred in Don Jon.
- Fanservice: His Magic Mike parody during his second gig hosting Saturday Night Live.
- Former Child Star: Averted. He's more famous now than he was as a child actor.
- Remember him as the lead in Angels in the Outfield.
- And he was also in 3rd Rock from the Sun.
- Nice Guy
- Waistcoat of Style: Notable in that it got him cast in Inception.
- What Could Have Been: He was one of the many actors cast in Django Unchained before pulling out.