Trivia: Metroid Prime
Triva for Metroid Prime:
- Breakthrough Hit: This game solidified Retro Studios as Nintendo's biggest western subsidiary.
- Killer App: Prime was one of the reasons to own a GameCube.
- What Could Have Been:
- Kraid was going to be a boss in the Phazon Mines. He got far enough in development that he was modeled and textured◊, but was cut for time. According to the modeller, Gene Kohler, he was not replaced by the Omega Pirate, who was already planned to appear before Kraid's cut.
- The Screw Attack and Speed Boost power-ups were going to be obtainable, but were scrapped. The Screw Attack was later added to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.
- Super Metroid was planned to be included as a bonus. It was removed because it required a 3rd party emulator to work (Nintendo didn't have an in-house one for Super Nintendo Entertainment System games at the time) and Nintendo didn't want to deal with any potential legal issues.