Awesome: Metroid Prime
- A musical Moment of Awesome comes in the Prime 1, when you get to the Magmoor Caverns. When those ominous male vocals first kick in and you're probably thinking "Shades of Norfair, eh?" Then the door opens into the cavern complex proper, and that familiar drumbeat kicks in... Goosebumps.
- A early Crowning Music of Awesome happens at the Menu, the theme played there is so dynamic and atmospheric it alone fills many expectations of the game, and once when people come out of the Awesome induced shock and realize that "This is just the Menu Theme!" all other expectations are pointless, and they get ready for a Awesome Game.
- The Wavebuster. Especially when used to lock onto and kill INVISIBLE BOSSES WHICH CANNOT BE NORMALLY LOCKED ONTO. (The Cloaked Drone of course.)
- The very best moment with the said wavebuster is when you just get it. You are probably itching to use it in a firefight, and when you do. You blast up a bunch of formerly invincible enemies.
- The logs in Prime where the pirates try to make their own Morph Ball and decide to stop trying it after a few failures. Counts as a Funny Moment, too.
- When Meta Ridley is incapacitated by Samus, and the Chozo statues shoot him off the artifact site with energy beams. Not only is it an awesome spectacle, but Meta Ridley gets his comeuppance here for all the problems he caused for the Chozo and this planet. However, he was not quite dead...
- One for Retro and Nintendo here.NOBODY thought this game was going to work. Even levelheaded fans and critics were tearing into it before it came out, with claims that not only would it not feel like Metroid but would at best be a mediocre shooter. Nowadays, it and its two sequels are ranked amongst the greatest games in history.