Don't thank God for these trivial facts. Thank God only for Jim Sterling.
- Author Existence Failure: Narrowly averted. Jim had suffered a really bad allergic reaction and had to be sent to the hospital after going into shock. Jim noted that he would have died if he had not gotten treated in time.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: Has mocked this trope in the past.
- Despite this, he actually fell victim to this himself when talking about Tomodachi Life, and made sure to follow up within a day, pointing out that the Tomodachi Life "gay marriage" was never "patched out" in the first place.
- Old Shame: While he's also gleefully mocked those who hated the show at first, he's been fairly open about seeing his first few episodes on The Escapist as pretty crap. He took the early criticism well and retooled the show as he went on, keeping the anger but applying more actual thought to the rage. In addition, he's vocally rethought his sexism and feminism and disowned some of the early language he's used.
- One of Us: May seem redundant for a video game reviewer, but his nerddom extends beyond the realm of video games. Some examples include:
- He'll show off various pieces of swag publishers send him, purely for kicks. Items include a Imperial Guard chainsword, The Penetrator, and a Kirby beanie. Speaking of...
- He wrapped up an episode on Kirby by doing the Kirby dance.
- He has admitted to frequently reading TV Tropes on Podtoid, and is even aware of this very page. On the episode discussing the positives of the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy, he starts the episode In Medias Res while looking up this very page on a smartphone. And in the Fake Geek Boys episode, he references a now-deleted comment from the YMMV section.
- Loves the Alien franchise, which just makes his anger for Aliens: Colonial Marines all the more painful for him.
- After being syndicated by Escapist Magazine, his first episode on that site was to gush about "the Citizen Kane of Gaming". What game could possibly be worthy of such high praise? Dynasty Warriors.