Trivia: Bayonetta 2
- Acclaimed Flop: Although even better reviewed then the first game. The overall bad State of the Wii U's general sales hurt the overall profitability and selling potential quite a bit, though not as much as Platinum's previous game for the system, The Wonderful 101.
- Colbert Bump: Upon the lifting of the review embargo, the game shot up to the top 10 of the Amazon charts, from its previous 49th place, within hours.
- Fan Nickname: Devil Trigger for Bayonetta's new Super Mode, because of PlatinumGames' most famous pre-Platinum work.
- Fans are also referring to the Umbran Armor as "Bayomecha".
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Father Balder's voice actor is known as the voice of Alucard
- Network to the Rescue: Originally, there wasn't going to be a Bayonetta 2, until Nintendo decided to fund it. Compared to Nintendo's last collaboration with Platinum Games, they provided a lot of advertising for Bayonetta 2, even holding a promotion with Playboy.
- Saved from Development Hell: Sega either didn't want to or couldn't (due to financial problems) see this game being made, so Platinum Games had to look for another publisher. Nintendo was the only one up to it.
- Talking to Himself: Both Bayonetta and her mother Rosa are voiced by Hellena Taylor.
- Un-Cancelled: This game was originally cancelled by Sega due to restructuring. Nintendo then approached Sega to fund Bayonetta 2 as a Wii U exclusive, with them publishing it.