Tear Jerker: Resident Evil: Code: Veronica
- Resident Evil: Code: Veronica, when Tragic Monster Steve changes back to human form, but then dies.
- This Troper clings to the small hope that Steve is alive. Because, otherwise... * sniff*
- And when Steve had to kill his dad... Definetely a tear jerker.
- Heck, what happened to Steve throughout his backstory and Code: Veronica. He's in prison because his dad was caught leaking information. His mom was killed because of it, so now he has major trust issues. There's a biohazard and the two survivors are Alfred (who's fucking nuts) and Claire. But, since he has those trust problems, he doesn't trust Claire at first. He has to kill his own dad after he became a zombie. They eventually escape, only to end up in Antarctica. Then they try to escape, only to be foiled by Alexia, who injects him with the t-Veronica virus, which causes him to mutate horribly. He attempts to kill Claire. And dies. Then his body gets stolen by Wesker.
- This troper may or may not have a little of a sibling complex, but she finds the twins' "reunion" after Alfred gets owned rather twistedly moving. He gets shot, falls down a huge pit, and still manages to drag himself to the spot where Alexia's frozen leaving a bright red blood trail all the while just in time to see her wake up - the last things he sees and probably in his eyes the best thing he could've picked, having literally missed her like crazy while they were apart. As for her, oh, what a fine thing to wake up to, and while herself doesn't change expression at all she blows up Claire and Steve's snowmobile from probably miles away, proceeding to cradle her dead brother, stroking his hair and singing him a lullaby. Somehow it makes it all the worse that with the time Alexia's been frozen for, this is the first time - and obviously ends up being the only time - they've seen each other since they were kids.
- As evil and crazy as Alfred and Alexia are when we meet them, think about why they're like that. Their father didn't want a child to love and care for, he wanted a means to an end to fix his own mistakes. He took a girl and exploited her profound talents for evil and his own personal gain. Alfred had it even worse. Alexander Ashford didn't even want or need him and he probably made that abundantly clear. Then Alexia, the one person who ever loved him, froze herself for 15 years, leaving him completely alone. Anyone would go mad after that.
- The security chief Rodrigo, having released Claire so that she could escape, is left alone on the island after everyone else dies. His last moments involve lamenting that he'll never see his family again, and giving Chris back the lighter that Claire left him in thanks.
- Actually he says "looks like I can meet my family again" still very sad though. Rodrigo was a fairly minor character but he was great because he showed that even people who work for a company as evil as Umbrella can redeem themselves. Zombie apocalypses can bring out the best in some people!
- Bit of Fridge Sadness, but if you look at the plaque covered wall after Rodrigo is taken by the Gulp Worm, you can see graves with the words "Maria Raval rests here" and "Robert Raval rests here". It's possible Rodrigo had been living here with his family for a while now.