Tabletop Game / Chronopia
(known in Sweden as Drakar och Demoner
or Dragons and Demons
) is a tabletop role-playing game
and miniatures game set in a High Fantasy
world. The game was published by the Swedish company Target Games, along with Mutant Chronicles
The website is here.
Tropes the RPG:
- Black and Gray Morality: Everyone has their own black traits, but everyone can band together and hate the Devout. Without them the other races would focus their on past grudges against each other.
- Bloodsport: Gladiatorial games are big business in Chronopia, with the construction of the Great Arena nearly ruining house Lysander.
- Body Horror: Necrology, the Magitek implants used by the Devout, draw heavily on this.
- Butt-Monkey: The goblins. Dear lord, the goblins.
- City of Adventure: Chronopia.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: And considering the implants the Devout create aren't so much cybernetics as they are demons given flesh, you're getting off light.
- Genius Bruiser: Unlike most portray of Orcs, Trolls, and Ogres who are generally portrayed low intelligent savages, the races here are very intelligent and civilized.
- God-Emperor: The Emperor of Chronopia isn't there, yet, but it has been theorized that this is his end goal.
- Hive Mind: The Stygian Priestesses who have direct link to their Goddess, and coordinate the rest of the Stygians in battle.
- Hollywood Voodoo: Charib magic has a strong flavor of this, but their religion does not resemble voodoo, real or Hollywood.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The Charib are mentioned to be cannibals for reasons of religion, necessity and culinary preference. Also, goblins can often find their way into the elaborate Elvish cuisine. In fact, the Charib frequently use the elvish consumption of goblin meat as a defense of their own cannibalism.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Typical bearded warriors who wield axes.
- Our Elves Are Better: Well, yes... except they have all the negative traits of traditional elves cranked Up to Eleven, with decadence, bloodlust and greed thrown into the mix.
- Our Ogres Are Hungrier: Unlike typical portrayals they are a race of muscular and intelligent warriors.
- Our Orcs Are Different: Here they are intelligent Mongol themed warrior culture, they form the backbone of the Blackbloods armies.
- Path of Inspiration: The church of the Devout.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Stygians who raid the other races and sacrifice them to their Goddess.
Tropes specific to the Miniature Game:
- Black and Gray Morality: Everyone has their own black traits, but The Devout are a common enemy to all. The Firstborn have a serious grudge against those who enslaved them which includes the Elves, Dwarves, and Blackbloods who seek to regain their lost power by any means.
- Cannon Fodder: The Stygians used captured prisoners as meat shields ahead of their army.
- God-Emperor: The One King.
- Hive Mind: The Stygians who are all controlled by the Priestesses.
- Our Elves Are Better: Tall and slender beings who live long by consuming magical lotus. They are also pretty arrogant, and have a history of slavery.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Stygians are reptilian desert raiders.
- Snake People: Some of the Stygians.