This tabletop game provides examples of:
- Black and Gray Morality: Everyone has their own black traits, but The Devout are a common enemy to all. Without them the other races would focus their on past grudges against each other. The Firstborn have a serious grudge against those who enslaved them which includes the Elves, Dwarves, and Blackbloods who seek to regain their lost power by any means.
- God Emperor: The One King.
- Hive Mind: The Stygians who are all controlled by the Priestesses.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Typical bearded warriors who wield axes.
- Our Elves Are Better: Tall and slender beings who live long by consuming magical lotus. They are also pretty arrogant, and have a history of slavery.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Stygians are reptilian desert raiders.
- Snake People: Some of the Stygians.