AC: Tropes specific to the RPG
- Black and Gray Morality: Everyone has their own black traits, but The Devout are a common enemy to all. Without them the other races would focus their on past grudges against each other. The Firstborn have a serious grudge against those who enslaved them which includes the Elves, Dwarves, and Blackbloods who seek to regain their lost power by any means.
- Bloodsport: Gladiatorial games are big business in Chronopia, with the construction of the Great Arena nearly ruining house Lysander.
- Body Horror: Necrology, the Magitek implants used by the Devout, draw heavily on this.
- Butt Monkey: The goblins. Dear lord, the goblins.
- City of Adventure: Chronopia.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: And considering the implants the Devout create aren't so much cybernetics as they are demons given flesh, you're getting off light.
- God-Emperor: The One King.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The Charib are mentioned to be cannibals for reasons of religion, necessity and culinary preference. Also, goblins can often find their way into the elaborate Elvish cuisine. In fact, the Charib frequently use the elvish consumption of goblin meat as a defense of their own cannibalism.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Typical bearded warriors who wield axes.
- Our Elves Are Better: Well, yes... except they have all the negative traits of traditional elves cranked Up to Eleven, with decadence, bloodlust and greed thrown into the mix.
- Path of Inspiration: The church of the Devout.
AC: Tropes specific to the Miniature Game
- Cannon Fodder: The Stygians used captured prisoners as meat shields ahead of their army.
- Hive Mind: The Stygians who are all controlled by the Priestesses.
- Our Elves Are Better: Tall and slender beings who live long by consuming magical lotus. They are also pretty arrogant, and have a history of slavery.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Stygians are reptilian desert raiders.
- Snake People: Some of the Stygians.