Roleplay / Raishon
Raishon Academy is one of the many roleplays found on the Gaia Online
forums. About a group of super-powered students
just trying to pass
their classes at Raishon Academy
, overcoming odd events
. But it's not any ordinary Shoujo
high school. There's chimeras the students have to fight as well! The main thread can be found here
Raishon Academy contains examples of the following tropes:
- Aerith and Bob - You have names like Claire Dovinicus Segrand Nero Avamont the Eighth, Zyera, Telios, Xanthias, and Xalander... Then you have Deborah and Ken.
- Alleged Lookalikes - Eli and Ash
- Almost Kiss - thanks for ruining it, Xan.
- In fairness, its everybody that needs to ruin it.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn - the Guardian girls. Suzy is beauty, Akane is brawns, and Yukina is both brains and brawn.
- Boarding School
- Boy Band - Eli, Seung-Hyo, Shinjiro, Xalander and Xanthias (and Suzy, being the choreographer) all come together to form Hex 2/Hexs (or whatever the final name will be).
- The Heartthrob/Sweet One: Seung-Hyo if you want more of the former, definitely Eli if you want a mix of both. (No offense, Seung.)
- The Bad Boy/Rebel: Shinjiro mostly, but Xanthias could be this, too.
- The Cute One: ...Xalander? He's as close as it gets.
- The Older Brother: Most likely Xanthias.
- The Shy/Nerdy One: ...Xan's closest to fitting the bill, so there you go.
- Bring It - Anti-Guardians to Guardians
- Calling Your Attacks -
- Cassandra Truth - No matter how many times Haruma and Momoko try to correct certain people that they are not robots, they're still believed to be robots. Haruma has it worse than Momoko, as seen on his tumblr page.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys - It doesn't matter where you look, you will not be seeing anyone who's less than pretty. Hell, even one of the girls can be considered a pretty boy.
- Chained Heat - Chained Day. Just freakin' Chained Day.
- Chase Fight
- Chick Magnet - practically almost every guy at Raishon.
- Childhood Friends - Yukina and Leif, Shinjiro, and Karma. Also, Riku and Akane.
- Classified Information - The characters' files.
- Corner of Woe - dubbed the 'Sad Keanu corner' by our very own Raishonettes.
- Crazy Awesome - Eli, Suzy, and Akane.
- Convenient Slow Dance
- Dances and Balls
- Don't Go in the Woods - especially if you don't want some random guy taking your A.I. and then sicking a pack of canine-like Chimeras on you, Leif.
- Don't Make Me Destroy You - A lot of Raishonettes, but Misaya, Yukina and Dimitri are probably the best examples.
- Dynamic Entry - poor, poor Dimitri, having been crash-landed by four people in a row.
- Evil Counterpart - the Anti-Guardians
- Fake Twin Gambit - Eli pretended to be his own twin on the night of the Halloween Event while Zyera was (unwillingly) dressed up as him.
- Fan-Preferred Couple - Among the nearly eighty pairings, Yukeli, Disaya, Alfoko, and Souzy are the ones people support the most in the OOC, likely because they all have a decent amount of ship teasing in their posts.
- Family Theme Naming - Helios, Artemis, and... Apollo.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences - Alistair: Look, we're... Telios: On a Trope!
- Finger Poke of Doom - Thanks to Leif's Superstrength, just a single poke of an object with her finger will make it crumble to pieces. Xanthias could also make a poke to the cheek feel more like a punch if he isn't careful.
- Five-Man Band - The Guardians:
- Five-Token Band - In the Guardians' case, it's:
- Yukina: Norwegian
- Helios: Greek
- Akane: Japanese
- Suzy: Irish/German-Canadian
- Xan: Japanese
- Foe Yay - Harumi and Dimitri
- Food Fight - In version 1.0 of the roleplay, the roleplay started out with a food fight in the cafeteria.
- And again, during December in Version 2. The blame falls on Angry Voice Man, but Dio stops everyone and cleans the cafeteria up.
- And yet again on the same day, thanks to Deborah.
- Feuding Families - Between two families of our Raishonettes — it's not who you think it is.
- Fun with Foreign Languages - Yue speaks Chinese, Eli speaks Greek, Seung-Hyo speaks Korean, and most of the characters are Japanese. Cultural diversity hooray!
- Giftedly Bad - Suzy's singing is atrocious. Enough said.
- Several generations will pass until Xanthe learns how to dance properly.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom - When Alistair and Telios' Maguilty Sense activates, their eyes tend to glow... that'd be the time for you to run now.
- Go Look at the Distraction - In an attempt to clear the students out of the building where the Guardians vs. chimeras fight was taking place, Suzy decided to come up with the excuse that Yukina was giving free hugs and kisses outside. Unfortunately, that just pressed Yukina's Berserk Button which sends her into a bit of an Unstoppable Rage.
- High School Dance
- Holy Shit Quotient - For Raishon, it's over 9000!!
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl - Alf is 5'8" and Momoko is 4'11"
- I Got You Covered - the Guardian tag teams.
- Instant Cosplay Surprise - none of the Raishonettes expected to find themselves in cosplay during the Cosplay Event in 1.0
- Instant Fan Club - you have a fanclub for each of the Guardians, a fanclub for Alf Lenhart, and so on.
- Intimate Healing - Kissing is the most effective way for Eli to heal someone since the area his power comes from is his lips. Xanthias can also choose to be intimate with his healing touch, but he'd really prefer not to.
- Law of Disproportionate Response - Raishon practically runs on this. All the time.
- Let's Duet - That one time where Eli and Karma sang "For Good" from Wicked together.
- And when Eli and Suzy sang a duet together at the Winter Ball.
- Long-Lost Relative - little do Eli and Artemis know that Ash is their cousin on their mother's side. It's implied from his section on the Characters page that Alf has one as well.
- Love Confession - Eli to Yukina (finally)
- Mid-Battle Tea Break - In the middle on an intense chain fight, Harumi and Dimitri conveniently take a break to clean up for the morning and then resume the battle.
- Mix-and-Match Critters - the chimeras
- Moment Killer - Celestial Cockblocker Xalander Shimada, at your service.
- Earthly Cockblocker Anti-Xalander Shimada, ready to literally kick you into another dimension.
- New Transfer Student - all the students that transferred in months after the school year has started or during second semester.
- Oh Crap! - so many instances of this to count.
- Only the Worthy May Pass - the Guardians' characters are tested in their fight against their counterparts
- Opponent Switch - Yukina goes from fighting her anti-self to fighting Anti-Helios, Eli from his anti-self to Anti-Xan, Suzy from her anti-self to Antikane, Akane from her anti-self to Anti-Yuki, Xan from his anti-self to Anti-Dio, and finally, Dio from his anti-self to Anti-Suzy. And this is all part of their formation plan.
- Plenty of Blondes - Eli, Suzy, Ash, Artemis, Kazari, Souma, Karma, Riku, Ember, and Anya all have blonde hair.
- Reference Overdosed - look at all the anime/visual novel/light novel references that are made, especially in Takeshi's speeches!
- Running Gag - the Ishiyuki siblings being speculated for robots thanks to Deborah. Haruma seems to have it worse than Momoko.
- The Foursome myth has come up quite a lot amongst the NPCs, appearently.
- DON'T FORGET THE DOLPHIN PORN. THANK YOU, TAKESHI AND DEBORAH.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat - Shipping wars, unbeknownst to the player characters, are always being fought by NPCs.
- Shrouded in Myth - After the Halloween Event, the NPC students at Raishon believe that the Guardians have a foursome with each other. They also think that Eli is gay for Shinji because they saw Zyera (dressed up as Eli) leaning against Shinji.
- Six Student Clique - the school Guardians
- Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness - It goes all over the spectrum with the Guardians.
- ...And just about everybody else, if you think about it.
- Sword Fight - between Akane and Antikane
- Trash Talk - Anti-Guardians to Guardians
- True Companions - The Guardians are like a little family.
- Under The Mistletoe
- Waking Up Elsewhere - many Raishonettes woke up in their chain partner's room on Chain Day
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair -
- Between Alistair's blue hair, Shinjiro and Tomoko's purple hair, a multitude of albinos and a stock of redheads, Raishon's got the entire rainbow attending! However, it's kinda justified in that several of the cast members dye their hair.
- Inverted by our Brunettes, Blondes, and blackettes.