After embarrassing Bart during a game of Capture the Flag at a church picnic, Homer decides to get in shape (despite everyone else saying that Homer can't commit to a diet and exercise regimen), and his newly-sculpted muscles from an energy bar and exercise makes him the perfect candidate for a publicity stunt.
- Commie Nazis: The Trope Namer.
- Diet Episode
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-Universe, while watching the McBain movie, Marge says "Now that's what I call breakneck speed!" and laughs, but Bart stares at her and flatly says "Mom, a man just died.".
- Fake Ultimate Hero: Homer realizes that he's becoming this when he learns the Sherpas were taking him up the mountain while he was sleeping.
- Honor Before Reason: When Homer sends the Sherpas home, he tells Brad and Neil he's going on alone, making them urge Homer to go back himself, but Homer insists he'll carry on, because he'd promised Bart he'd do it.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place: Mount Murderhorn.
- Name's the Same: This episode title is also the title of one of The Simpsons' Dueling Shows King of the Hill.
- Not This One, That One: When Homer is shown which mountain the Murderhorn is.
- "Well Done, Dad" Guy: Homer.