When an emergency keeps Marge from taking Lisa to an about-to-close museum exhibit, Lisa tries to take the bus instead and ends up in an unfamiliar part of town.
- An Aesop: Never be afraid to live life on the edge.
- Area 51: Or rather, Area 51-a.
"You are here. We are not."
- Bait and Switch
- Balloonacy: Subverted when Homer needs to get up high to spot Lisa. "Oh, I hope this works...these are for you if you let me use your cherry-picker."
"Well, I've already got some balloons - but they're not this nice. Deal!"
- Bilingual Bonus: The signs in the Russian district of Springfield are actual Russian words.
- If I Had a Nickel: Dr. Hibbert subverted the trope. He replaced "a dime" with the amount of money he usually charges for the kind of medical procedure performed on Bart.