Recap: The Simpsons S 9 E 24 Lost Our Lisa
When Marge has to back out of taking Lisa to an ancient Egyptian exhibit at the museum so she can take Bart to Dr. Hibbert's office, Lisa tricks Homer into letting her ride the bus, but she boards the wrong one and must find her way home through a series of unfamiliar neighborhoods.
- An Aesop: Never be afraid to live life on the edge.
- Adult Fear: Lisa being missing. Lenny and Carl have to spell Homer's blunder out to him.Homer: Maybe. But you don't know Lisa. I mean, she's so smart they hooked her up to a big computer to try to teach it some things. But she had so much knowledge, it overloaded. And then it got really hot and caught on fire!Carl: That never, uh, happened, did it, Homer?Homer Uh, yes. But now I have to leave on a totally unrelated matter. (runs out of the cafeteria) Oh, Lisa!
- Area 51: Or rather, Area 51-a.
- Balloonacy: Subverted when Homer needs to get up high to spot Lisa. "Oh, I hope this works...these are for you if you let me use your cherry-picker.""Well, I've already got some balloons - but they're not this nice. Deal!"
- Bilingual Bonus: The signs in the Russian district of Springfield are actual Cyrillic words and the Russian the chess players speak is real.
- Chew Toy: Homer. His quest starts with him trying to save Lisa, and it ends with his head caught between two halves of a drawbridge.
- Ear Worm: In-universe. The music from the Orb of Isis for Homer, even if he gets the tune wrong.
- Jerkass: All Larry the Bus Driver did to help Lisa out is tap the sign that says "Do not talk to driver", even after she truly becomes lost and frightened, before abandoning her in the desert.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The promos for this episode made it out to be about Bart having to live with gag props stuck to his face thanks to using Homer's industrial-strength glue, but that subplot came to an anticlimactic end when Dr. Hibbert made Bart sweat to get the adhesive to loosen up.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Homer accidentally damages the Orb of Isis: subverted when dropping it revealed a music box with a pretty tune.
- Mood Whiplash: The nice moment when Homer and Lisa discover the secret of the Orb of Isis is quickly ended when they trigger the alarms and have to escape, right at the end of the episode.