While Marge is at the doctor's to see whether or not she's pregnant, Homer tells the kids the story of his post-high school life with Marge, which includes Homer and Marge having sex on the golf course, Homer marrying Marge to make an honest woman out of her, and how Homer got his job at the nuclear plant.
This episode contains examples of:
- God Is Love Songs: Discussed in-universe, in regards to "You Light Up My Life"
Homer: I bet the guy she was singing that about was real happy.
Marge: Actually, she was singing about God.
Homer: Oh. Well, he's always happy. No, wait, he's always mad...
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: The reason Homer leaves Marge to find a good job.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: In-universe, Homer accidentally blabs about the Trope Namer example for the people waiting in line to see The Empire Strikes Back.
- Shotgun Wedding
- Shout Out:
- "The Logical Song" by Supertramp and "Nine To 5" by Dolly Parton can be heard.
- Dallas: Homer wears an "I Shot J.R."-shirt.
- Visual Innuendo: When Homer and Marge are getting...romantic in the mini-golf course's castle obstacle, we see a golfer successfully putt a ball into its "Free Game" hole.
- Wacky Cravings: Marge craves pancake mix whenever she's pregnant.