Recap: The Simpsons S 14 E 20 Brake My Wife Please
Homer loses his license (again; see "Duffless") and discovers the joys of walking everywhere. However, the fact that Marge is the only driver in the house puts her under so much stress that she subliminally tries to murder Homer.
- Continuity Nod: At the marriage counselor, Apu and Manjula are walking out after sorting out their problems from "The Sweetest Apu" (Well, sort of).
- Mood Whiplash: Home goes from singing a cheerful song about walking to getting hit by Marge's car.
- An in-universe example happens when Homer is at the video store and looks at screens showing a comedy about a monkey as a newspaper editor and a dramatic Lifetime movie.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The TV spot for this episode takes Homer and Marge's argument out of context.Marge: I hate you!Homer: It's like you hate me, your own husband, whom you're contractually obligated to like.
Homer: It's like you hate me, your own husband.Marge: That's ridiculous. I don't like you. I mean hate you. Hate you. Hate you! I hate you!
- And in the actual episode...
- Theres No Kill Like Overkill: When Homer's licence is revoked, Judge Harm cuts it in half with a mini-guillotine, shreds the halves, feeds it to her dogs and tells one of the guards to burn their poop.