Homer loses his license (again; see "Duffless") and discovers the joys of walking everywhere. However, the fact that Marge is the only driver in the house puts her under so much stress that she subliminally tries to murder Homer.
* ContinuityNod: At the marriage counselor, Apu and Manjula are walking out after sorting out their problems from "The Sweetest Apu" (Well, sort of).
* DisneyAcidSequence: Homer's song about walking eventually turns into one, where he walks across a globe.
* MoodWhiplash: Home goes from singing a cheerful song about walking to getting hit by Marge's car.
** An in-universe example happens when Homer is at the video store and looks at screens showing a comedy about a monkey as a newspaper editor and a dramatic [[LifetimeMovieOfTheWeek Lifetime movie]].
* MusicalisInterruptus: Homer's song about walking gets interrupted by Marge hitting him with her car.
* NeverTrustATrailer: The TV spot for this episode takes Homer and Marge's argument out of context.
-->'''Marge:''' I hate you!\\
'''Homer:''' It's like you hate me, your own husband, [[MissingTrailerScene whom you're contractually obligated to like]].
:: And in the actual episode...
-->'''Homer:''' It's like you hate me, your own husband.\\
'''Marge:''' That's ridiculous. I don't like you. I mean ''hate'' you. Hate you. Hate you! I hate you!
* TheresNoKillLikeOverkill: When Homer's licence is revoked, Judge Harm cuts it in half with a mini-guillotine, shreds the halves, feeds it to her dogs and tells one of the guards to burn their poop.