Recap: Supernatural S 07 E 22 There Will Be Blood
Recap of Supernatural Season 7, Episode 22
There Will Be Blood
Written by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin.
Directed by Guy Norman Bee.
Air Date: May 11, 2012.
Sam and Dean start collecting the ingredients needed to take down Dick Roman, starting with the blood of the three Fallen. With Castiel
's blood already acquired, they turn to Crowley, who agrees to part with his, but only if they get the blood of an Alpha first. He directs them to Hoople, North Dakota, where they might find a lead to the Alpha Vampire, the last Alpha alive. While searching, the brothers discover that the Leviathans are poisoning food products containing corn syrup with the formula they created and tested with the Turducken sandwich.
- All-Natural Snake Oil: When the brothers discover that Dick is using corn syrup to distribute his formula, a desperate Dean wants to start buying food labeled "natural". Sam points out that corn syrup is "natural", technically. If they want to avoid the tainted food, they have to stick to fresh fruits and vegetables. Dean is not happy:
Sam: Dean, you'll be fine.
Dean: You don't know that.
- And Then What?: Sam is a little more cautious about proceeding with the Kill Dick plan than Dean is.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Dick Roman tries to bribe Kevin Tran into translating the Word for him. When Kevin refuses, Dick reveals that they're holding Kevin's mother hostage.
- Blah Blah Blah: Crowley when discussing how he knows that the Alpha Vampire is still alive:
Crowley: Keep your friends close, your enemies, blah blah.
- Cliff Hanger:
Dean: It's a good thing we got Crowley in our corner. Right? Seeing as how it all comes down to him. What could possibly go wrong?
[in Dick's office]
Crowley: Hello, Dick.
- Colliding Criminal Conspiracies
- Continuity Nod: The guy the brothers get blood from for leverage against the Alpha Vampire is wearing a Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie shirt.
- Decapitated Army: Discussed. Sam and Dean aren't sure if "cut off the head and the body will flounder" means killing Dick will actually wipe out his followers or if they'll just be left with a leaderless army of Leviathans.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Emily's story makes the Alpha sound almost exactly like a pedophile.
- Double Entendre: "What makes Dick so hard to beat?"
Crowley: I'm all for chopping Dick, but...
- Fallen Angel: The blood of one is needed as part of the weapon to kill a Leviathan. Castiel obliges.
- Freudian Slip:
Dick: Which is why we're diving whole-hog into what keeps Americans living longer and tasting better.
Gloria: You do mean, of course, to say the food will be tasting better.
- Ghostly Chill: Bobby's started making mirrors ice up.
- Grand Theft Me: At the end of this episode, Bobby learns how to possess people.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: As the brothers leave, the Alpha Vampire says to them, "See you next season."
- Take That: Kardashian = "bloodsucker".
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: Dean puts Bobby's flask in the hotel safe to keep his spirit from following them. What numbers does he use to lock the safe? Bobby's birthday.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Spoken word-for-word.
- Your Mom: Edgar tells the Alpha Vampire exactly what he thinks about Eve:
"Your mommy was a whore."