Airdate: August 7, 1999
Squidward's genius plan worked! While SpongeBob and Patrick were blowing bubbles to communicate, Squidward interfered by blowing his own insults at them, causing them to fight. Now they're not even friends anymore! Meanwhile, Spongebob and Patrick separately perform acts for Squidward that earn his gratitude and 'friendship'. But what's this? The two are fighting over Squidward now?
Naughty Nautical Neighbors tropes include:
- Alliterative Title
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Spongebob: My best friend, my ex best friend, and...RUBBER BATH TOYS!
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Subverted twice. First, Patrick made friends with Squidward after performing CPR to get the fork out of his throat just until he fell asleep while Squidward was playing his clarinet in which he tries dragging him out of his house, throwing out his back on the process. This causes SpongeBob to ram his head on Squidward's back, putting him back to normal. The two are friends until SpongeBob breaks his violin which prompts Squidward to literally kick him out of his house. Of course, this didn't stop SpongeBob and Patrick from fighting over Squidward.
- Close Up On Head: At first it appears that SpongeBob has impaled Squidward on the head with a violin bow, but the camera pulls back to show that it was just a portrait of Squidward (which already had a scared expression for some reason).
- CPR (Clean, Pretty, Reliable): Patrick does CPR on Squidward by inflating him like a balloon and letting the air push the fork out of his mouth.
- Crack! Oh My Back!: Squidward sprains his back dragging Patrick out of his home. He shouts it again when his door falls on him at the end.
- Department of Redundancy Department: When SpongeBob and Patrick argue.
Patrick: Hey, you're a turkey!
SpongeBob: What's that?
Patrick: It's what you are!
SpongeBob: Yeah? Well, you're a bigger one!
Patrick: Well, you're still yellow! And you know what else is yellow?
Patrick: You are!
- Feud Episode
- If I Had a Nickel: "If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar."
- Laser-Guided Karma: Squidward's attempt to ruin SpongeBob and Patrick's day ends up getting his house destroyed.
- Manipulative Bastard: Squidward.
- No, You: Most of SpongeBob and Patrick's arguments revolve around this.
- Pass the Popcorn: Squidward watches SpongeBob and Patrick argue while sitting in a lounge chair and eating a souffle.
- Temporary Bulk Change: SpongeBob and Patrick get bloated from drinking too much soda. They are back to normal once they burp it all out.
Airdate: August 7, 1999
Another day at Boating School means another day with SpongeBob for Mrs. Puff, his Boating School teacher. Unfortunately, SpongeBob might just be her eternal burden, because as it stands, he's never going to pass his driver's test.
Boating School tropes include: