Culture Shock provides examples of (YMMV here):
- Butt Monkey: Everyone goes silent or throws tomatoes when Squidward is on stage.
- Here We Go Again: The talent show is a massive success, and Mr. Krabs has plans to hold another one next week.
- It's All About Me: Squidward makes almost no effort to hide that the talent show is more for his own gain than for the Krusty Krab. When it's time for his act, he presents it with a ton of fanfare.
- Produce Pelting: The audience hits Squidward with produce from the free salad bar, prompting Mr. Krabs to start charging.Customer: It's worth every penny!
- Smoke Out: Plankton attempts it, but fails.
- Take Our Word for It: Gary's beat poetry, which somehow brings Sandy to tears despite it being just meowing.
- Tremor Trampoline: When Pearl does her cheerleading routine.
Airdate: September 18, 1999Plankton tries to get the Krabby Patty recipe once again, but SpongeBob teaches him the ways of fun instead.
F.U.N provides examples of (YMMV here):
- A Round of Drinks for the House: After foiling Plankton, Mr. Krabs offers to give SpongeBob a Krabby Patty "on me", but then reconsiders and adds "Well, maybe at a discount."
- All of the Other Reindeer: The Bikini Bottom citizens to Plankton.Squidward: How does it feel to be the most hated thing in Bikini Bottom, Plankton?! It hurts, does it?! I know!
- Battle Strip: Parodied. SpongeBob rips off a layer of himself to reveal the same appearance before he chases Plankton.
- Befriending the Enemy: "I bet if Plankton had just one friend, he wouldn't be such a meanie."
- Dark Reprise: Plankton's version of the Fun Song.F is for fire that burns down the whole town!
U is for uranium... bombs!
N is for no survivors, WHEN YOU-
- Evil Feels Good: Plankton quote about stealing the Krabby Patty contributes this trope:Plankton: "Being evil is just too much fun!"
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Plankton doesn't even understand what fun is.
- Going Native: Karen accuses Plankton of this after catching him wearing square pants.
- Hammerspace: Plankton hides a Krabby Patty ten times his size in his pocket.
- Impossible Theft: Plankton manages to steal a Krabby Patty and replace it with a cardboard standee without even touching it, and with the camera on it the whole time.
- Mood Whiplash: Spongebob's song, compared to Plankton's song.
- Not So Great Escape: Plankton attempts to escape by tearing through a movie screen, but doesn't count on the concrete wall behind it.
- Shout-Out: Mr. Krabs' line "Any maybe scallops'll fly out of my pants!" is a g-rated version of a similar line from Wayne's World ("Yeah, right! And maybe monkeys'll fly outta my butt!").
- Sympathy for the Devil: Spongebob who was sorry to see Plankton being treated as an outcast by the other Bikini Bottomites.
- Talking the Monster to Death: Plankton disguises himself and stands in front of a magic shop when SpongeBob arrives. He doesn't recognize Plankton, but when he sees the magic shop he starts gushing about a magician he saw once, until Plankton has enough and gives up. "And all this time I thought I was the master of torture, but that... that just wasn't fair!"
- Un Paused: Plankton closes the door on SpongeBob in the middle of saying "We could go jellyfi..." When he returns sometime later, SpongeBob finishes where he left off: "...ishing at Jellyfish Fields."