Recap / South Park S 5 E 6 Cartmanland
Cartman inherits $1,000,000 from his grandmother and uses the money to buy out North Park Funland, which hasn't been doing well, but Cartman doesn't want to improve the park, he wants it as his own personal playground. Meanwhile, Kyle comes down with a fatal hemorrhoid and begins to lose faith in God.
- Artistic License – Biology: Kyle came close to dying of a hemorrhoid at one point.
- Broken Aesop: Kyle's parents try to get him to regain his faith by telling the story of Job, ending it before the epilogue, where Job starts a new family and becomes wealthy again. Kyle is naturally not impressed.
- Call Back: Cartman's grandmother's house in Nebraska is mentioned again
- Edited for Syndication: The clip of Kyle's hemorrhoid receding is cut in syndicated prints (both free-to-air TV and daytime cable)
- Humiliation Conga: Cartman at the end. He sells his amusement park, gets sued for tax evasion and Kenny's death and gets pepper-sprayed by his former security guard.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Due to being 2 episodes after Cartman's Moral Event Horizon this episode could be considered retribution for Cartman's actions in "Scott Tenorman Must Die".
- Mistaken for Profound: Cartman creates commercials for Cartmanland in which he taunts viewers, telling them that he has it all to himself and they can't come. Later on, Kyle watches a news report where businessmen use the same tactic, thinking it's an example of Reverse Psychology.
- Reality Ensues: Cartman buying and amusement park for himself results in needing to pay for security, maintenance, repairs, etc. and soon adds up to him needing to open it to the public to make up for the cost. And since Cartman is a child he has no idea about the business behind it such as needing to keep tax records which along with other things ultimately costs him the park, all his money, and a $13,000 debt.
- Shout-Out: The scene where Cartman rants about the waiting lines in amusement parks is based on the scene in How the Grinch Stole Christmas! where the Grinch rants about the Whos celebrating Christmas.
- There Is a God!: Kyle regains his faith in God when Cartman gets what's coming to him.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny catches a broken pipe with his face while on a roller coaster.