Stanley gets a new dog named Sparky and it turns out that he's gay after he has sex with another person's dog. Stanley tries to make his dog not be gay and fails miserably and Sparky runs away from home. Meanwhile, the South Park Cows team is about to have a big game and Jimbo ends up in trouble when he gets the entire town to bet on the team to win and Stan runs off to find Sparky and meets Big Gay Al.
First appearance of Big Gay Al.
Big Gay Al's Bay Gay Boat Ride has the following examples:
- An Aesop / Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Being gay is perfectly natural and anyone who is gay shouldn't be discriminated against or treated differently because of it.
- Buttmonkey: Pip and his being unable to use a helmet while playing football.
- Camp Gay: Big Gay Al.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Clyde's voice being different compared to later episodes.
- Musical Trigger: Jimbo straps a bomb on the opposing team's mascot, set to go off when the high note of "Loving You" is sung during halftime. Unfortunately, the singer (John Stamos' less talented brother) can't hit the high note and the plan fails. And then at the end he manages to sing it right and the bomb goes off.
- Nice Guy: Big Gay Al, he takes in gay animals and takes care of them and teaches people why being gay is natural.
- Oh Crap: Jimbo when he realizes that if his confidence in Stan's ability is wrong, the town will kick his ass since they bet heaps of money on him.
- Politically Incorrect Announcer: One of the Announcers for the football game.
- Shaped Like Itself: Cartman calls Sparky a "gay homosexual".
- Shoo the Dog: Stan shoos out Sparky because he doesn't want a gay dog.
- Special Guest: George Clooney voiced Sparky in this episode. He had a sense of humor about it.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Mr Garrison's denying he's gay and claiming he acts that way to pick up chicks.