Recap: South Park S 1 E 4 Big Gay Als Big Gay Boat Ride
Stan is embarrassed when he discovers his new, macho dog is a homosexual and tries to make him heterosexual
, but when Stan's dog runs away, Stan goes after him and nearly blows Jimbo and Ned's chances at beating the point spread.
Big Gay Al's Bay Gay Boat Ride has the following examples:
- An Aesop / Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Being gay is perfectly natural and anyone who is gay shouldn't be discriminated against or treated differently because of it.
- Butt Monkey: Pip and his being unable to use a helmet while playing football.
- Camp Gay: Big Gay Al.
- Censored Title: On TV Guide, this episode was retitled "Big Al's Big Boat Ride"
- Early Installment Weirdness: Clyde is voiced by Matt Stone instead of Trey Parker, which is why Clyde sounds like Butters.
- "Jesus and Pals" (in this episode, "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig," and "Death") is shown as a call-in advice show instead of a talk show with a full studio audience (as seen in "The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka"), though this can be excused as Jesus' executive probably told him to change the show's format to get better ratings.
- Musical Trigger: Jimbo straps a bomb on the opposing team's mascot, set to go off when the high note of "Loving You" is sung during halftime. Unfortunately, the singer (John Stamos' less talented brother) can't hit the high note and the plan fails. And then at the end he manages to sing it right and the bomb goes off.
- Nice Guy: Big Gay Al, he takes in gay animals and takes care of them and teaches people why being gay is natural.
- Oh, Crap: Jimbo when he realizes that if his confidence in Stan's ability is wrong, the town will kick his ass since they bet heaps of money on him.
- Politically Incorrect Announcer: One of the Announcers for the football game.
- Shaped Like Itself: Cartman calls Sparky a "gay homosexual".
- Shoo the Dog: Stan shoos out Sparky because he doesn't want a gay dog.
- Special Guest: George Clooney voiced Sparky in this episode. He had a sense of humor about it.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Mr Garrison's denying he's gay and claiming he acts that way to pick up chicks.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Three Middle Park Cowboy football players dismember and decapitate Kenny.