Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 08 E 09 I Was A Teenage Werewolf
Film watched: I Was a Teenage Werewolf
The MST3K presentation provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Mike and the 'bots sing a number of riffs to the tune of the Bonanza theme song.Tom Servo: "This is for your bed-wetting movie!"
- Air-Vent Passageway: Tom attempts to go up one of these to fight an alien. He gets stuck in there and his enthusiastic bravado fades out in an instant.
- Mind you, Crow saw this coming and made a bet with Mike on how long before Tom cries. (it takes at least 30 seconds for poor Servo to break)
- Call Back: When Tony comes home and sees his rather familiar-looking father:Crow: Hey, it's depressing dad!Servo: I haven't killed myself yet!
- Hey, It's That Sound!: The noises made by the aliens invading the Satellite of Love come from the original Doom game.
- I Call It "Vera": Tom has a neutron machine pistol called "Lucille". He also has a tiny problem with trigger discipline.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Last of the infamous "Susan Hart Four". Don't expect a release anytime soon.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: Observer seems to be playing a very slow rendition of Amazing Grace on his harmonica in the background of the first camping scene.
- Recycled Set: Lampshaded by Crow when they walk into the Principal's office.Crow: This is clearly not the same set as the doctor's office.
- Running Gag:
Servo: You are not drinking a pina colada at Trader Vicís, young man, youíre just not old enough!
- Tony's Dairy-Throwing Antics.
- Various riffs about Tony being a werewolf/dog, before the transformation.
- Not a running gag in the episode itself, but Servo makes the quip: 'You get a lot of dirt with werewolf, you get a lot of clean with Tide.' It would later be used in Season 9 in the next werewolf movie...err...Werewolf
- Constant references to Landon's later roles on Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway To Heaven.
- Incorporating lines from the song "Werewolves of London."
- Speech-Impaired Animal: "Rello? Reenage Rererolf."
- Take That: In order to get rid of the Alien Queen, Mike becomes the most repulsive person he can think of: Adam Duritz.
- Waxing Lyrical: "That was the needle. The damage is done."
- Whole Plot Reference: The host segments all parody the movie Alien.
- X Days Since: Ten days since last teen pregnancy.