The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of these tropes:
- Blatant Lies: Pearl swears to not send a bad movie ever again if the SOL crew helps her and Bobo escape. In the middle of a screaming match with the other Observers (and Bobo) while holding a brain hostage, don't ask:Pearl: (gestures to everyone to shut up; to the camera) Mike, I accidentally lied, your movie today is She-Creature. (resumes yelling at the others)
- Continuity Nod: SLEEEEEEP!!
- Creepy Doll: Tickle Me Carlo Lombardi.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Pearl uses the classic "I got a sick man in here" ploy on the Observers. An invisible man. That the Observers created with their minds. Yes, they fall for it.
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: Planet number 2 for Mike, as his ordering the Nanites to make a distraction in an attempt to help Pearl and Prof. Bobo, and later asking the Nanites to stop the Observers from preventing their escape, results in the destruction of the Observers' home planet. Also the Trope Namer:Mike: I just asked them to take care of a little problem!
Crow: And they did! Here comes Mike, Destroyer of Worlds!
Servo: Oh, god of fire and vengeance — stay away from me!
- Running Gag: "Sleeeeep!"
- Lance Fuller's lack of emotions.
- Some Kind of Force Field: The Observers have Pearl trapped in one.