Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 08 E 07 Terror From The Year 5000
Film watched: Terror from the Year 5000
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: At one point, Bob asks if there's a good movie playing in town. Mike's response: "So now we get to watch people watching a movie? What's that about?"
- Food Pills: Observers sent Mike their super-advanced Food Pills — but you have to eat huge heaping bowls of them.
- Ho Yay: Invoked for comedy when Victor arranges to have Bob sleep in his room.
Mike: (As narrator, while Victor sneaks out of bed) The Terrible, Aching Crush I Have On My Roommate... FROM THE YEAR 5000!!!
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Number three of the infamous "Susan Hart Four". Don't expect a release anytime soon.
- No Indoor Voice: Miss Blake is said to be this, as a joke on her Extreme Doormat personality and exaggeratedly-gentle mannerisms.
- Notable Original Music: The Observers' "When I Held Your Brain In My Arms".
- Non-Singing Voice: The Observer played by Mike Nelson lip-synchs Kevin Murphy's voice for most of the song.
- Running Gag: Servo keeps impersonating the narrator's booming declarations of the TERROR FROM THE YEAR 5000 to apologize and make excuses for the TERROR's failure to show up until about an hour into the movie.
Tom: I Realize I May Have Oversold The "Terror" At The Beginning, And For That I Apologize.
- The pale, flabby, unattractive physiques of the lead characters when they get into their bathing suits.
- Riffs based upon Bob's haircut making him resemble a Drill Sergeant.
- Slasher Smile: The Observers sport these in the Stinger. Just look at Paul Chaplin's and try not to be scared.
- Time Machine: Used to mess with Mike Nelson a bit, and to teach Crow a lesson for same.
- Verb This!: Crow tells one of the Observers to "Observe this!" after they try and get Mike and the bots to fight each other.