Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 18 The Atomic Brain
Films watched: What About Juvenile Delinquency
(short) and The Atomic Brain
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Dr. Forrester addresses Mike as "Nilsson" during the invention exchange.
- Brought To You By The "?": At the end of What About Juvenile Delinquency, a question mark floats towards the audience.
's new name, isn't it?
- Casting Gag: The "invention exchange" is simply the Bots and the Mads doing mocking impressions of each other. Crow does Dr. F and vice versa, meaning you're actually seeing Trace Beaulieu playing each of his characters imitating the other one.
- Continuity Nod: "I'm looking for the Manos set."
- Curse Cut Short:
Crow: I'm Dr. Clayton Forrester, and I've got my head stuck waaaay up—
Mike/Tom: WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
- Dead Man Writing: Mike's reaction to March's companion reading a letter.
Mike: By the time I read this, you'll be dead.
- Department of Redundancy Department: One of the reactions to one of the naked, dead girls.
Mike: Hey, there's a naked girl in there and she's nude! With no clothes on!
- Fake Nationality: The ludicrous "foreign" accents of the women.
Mike: You're all from Nebraska! Cut it out!
- I Have Many Names: Every time Mrs. March shouts out Bea's name, Mike and the Bots tend to fill in different phrases/names at the end.
- Or So I Heard:
- Overly-Long Gag:
Tom: Yeah, yeah, it goes on like that. We know.
- Running Gag: Two notable ones: The various additions to Bea's name, and "Selznick International Pictures" when Mrs. March's house shows up.
- Shave and a Haircut: When Mrs. March knocks on the door to find out if the two remaining girls are in their room, Mike shouts out "'Shave And A Haircut'! What do we do?"