Recap: Futurama M 4 Into The Wild Green Yonder
During a trip to Mars Vegas, an accident involving a group of straw feminists
leaves Fry with the ability to read minds
, entangling him into a secret society known as the Legion of Mad Fellows. Leela joins up with the feminist group in order to bring down Leo Wong's environmentally disastrous giant miniature golf course, Bender begins having an affair with the wife of the leader of the Robot Mafia, and Fry works undercover as a security guard to prevent the potential extinction of man kind.
- And the Adventure Continues: The movie ends with the Planet Express crew flying into a wormhole into an unknown region of space that they could possibly never return from.
- Anti-Climax: The ending scene, where the main characters are on the run from the law and to escape, they flee into a gigantic wormhole which is to take them light-years away without anyway of knowing if they can return. Originally intended to by the final scene of the series, it is made dramatic by having Leela and Fry kiss for the first time as the ship flies into the wormhole and it morphs into the familiar pattern of lights shown in the opening sequence of each episode. By the time of "Rebirth", however, we're treated to a Anti-Climax..
- Back for the Finale: A single scene depicts up to two hundred fifty minor and recurring characters that have appeared in the series.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Kif as usual. Zapp Lampshades his sigh for the first time, though.
Zapp: Kif — round 'em up. And spare me the weary sigh for once.
- Beyond the Impossible: During the prison break, Bender manages to bend a brick wall, despite the fact that it's "not on the list of approved bendables". Not break it, but bend it, as if it were flexible.
- Big Bad Duumvirate/Big Bad Ensemble: Leo Wong and the Dark One. Despite not working together, they both have the same goal (destroying the Violet Dwarf Star) for different reasons (Leo to build a giant mini-golf course, the Dark One to prevent the birth of the Encyclopod).
- Big Damn Movie: Originally intended to serve as a Grand Finale for the series, as the creators were unsure if they could get the series picked up again.
- Big "NO!": Done by Fry after Bender tells him that he screwed up a game of Tetris on his phone.
- Book Ends
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Bender is asked if he's crazy (for dating the Donbot's wife), his reply is "no, it's Fry who's crazy in this one", a callback to the last movie.
- Catchphrase: Many as usual, but notably LeBarbara tries to come up with some similar to Hermes', with him shooting them down every time.
Hermes: Not your strong suit, woman.
- The Chosen One: Fry's delta brainwave makes his mind unreadable, a huge advantage over the Dark One.
- Cliffhanger Copout
- Crazy Homeless People: Subverted. The League of Mad Fellows. They're not crazy hobos, but telepaths who are trying to stop the Dark One.
- They wear tinfoil hats to stop the Dark One from reading their minds, and also to stop incessantly hearing everyone else's thoughts.
- Cuteness Proximity: Leela falls victim to this again, this time with a creature that is nowhere near cute, a muck leech. It turns out to be the Dark One.
- Disability Superpower: Fry's delta brainwave makes his mind unreadable.
- Eye Scream: When Leela first encounters the muk leech, one of the places it attatches itself to is her eyeball.
- Foreshadowing: Bender's excuse for why he's inside the Donbot's wife. Namely, that he went through a wormhole and was transported from a distant corner of the universe.
- While the Feministas are being chased by the Nimbus through Leo's giant minigolf course, they escape by flying through a wormhole.
- Grand Finale: The second intended series finale, but went out on a stronger note with Fry and Leela supposedly going through a Relationship Upgrade.
- Granola Girl: Used to death by the Feministas.
- Green Aesop
- Heroic Sacrifice: Fry, thinking he's the dark one, tries to kill himself by diverting Leo Wong's demolition detonator to the Omega Device and using it on himself. It doesn't work, as he's not the Dark One, but lucky for him he was standing close enough to Leela who had the Dark One attached to her. It was the muck leech.
- Mind Reading: Fry is gifted with this ability somehow after Frida Waterfall's necklace becomes ingrained in his head. He then becomes part of a group of mind readers known as the Legion of Mad Fellows.
- The Mole: Fry infiltrates Leo Wong's organization to sabotage his attempts to destroy the Violet Dwarf Star. Bender teams up with Nixon and DOOP to capture the Feministas, so he can later break them out of prison, though this just because he doesn't want anyone having a longer rap sheet than him.
- Pretty in Mink: Fanny is the wife of the leader of the Robot Mafia, and he held up Burlington Coat Factory to get her a white fur jacket. Bender had been having an affair with her and says, "Man, this is great! I always wanted to nail a dame in a fur coat, and now's my chance."
- Relationship Upgrade: Supposedly with Fry and Leela by the end of the movie. Somewhat carries on into the following seasons, as they become on a gain off again in season six and are a regular couple by season seven.
- Series Fauxnale: The second one.
- Straw Feminist/Animal Wrongs Group: The Feministas.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: Lrrr apparently entered the Universal Poker Champinship with the intent of making his father proud. He didn't.
- Wham Line: Leela finally confesses her love for Fry.
Leela: (to Fry) Maybe I waited to long to say this, but I love you too.