- Art Shift: The cutaway gag about The Jetsons is done in the show's original style.
- Bad Future: Subverted. While the changes in Peter's life are extreme, Brian sees that the alternate timeline is a paradise compared to ours (at the time the episode)—to name a few things: Al Gore's the president, he killed Osama Bin Laden with his bare hands, and there are flying cars that run on vegetable oil. In fact, the only real "bad thing" about this future (at least in Peter and Brian's opinion) is that Chevy Chase is the host of The Tonight Show instead of Jay Leno.
- Bowdlerization: The following scenes were cut/edited when aired on FOX compared to the DVD and [adult swim] version:
- Brian's line to young Lois on FOX was "Can I WHAM! my Oingo Boingo into your Velvet Underground?"; on DVD and Adult Swim, it was "I would eat your poo"note
- The scene of the 1980s collar guy challenging Brian to a fight cuts off before Brian can say anything in the FOX version; on DVD and Adult Swim, the 1980s collar guy says, "I'll fight you anytime, anywhere." Brian suggests that the two fight on September 11th 2001, at 8:00 am on top of the World Trade Center.
- Quagmire's roleplaying game he plays with Lois on FOX is "Schoolgirl and Guy Who Has Sex with the Schoolgirl"; on DVD and Adult Swim, it's "Hide and Go Anal."
- The parody of The Jetsons opening on the TV version (both FOX and [adult swim]) has George say, "Bull...crap" after Jane tries to explain that she's not going to take his wallet this time. On DVD, the line is "Bull...shit."
- During the dance on the FOX version, Lois asks what's poking her and Quagmire says, "It's just my wang." On [adult swim] and the DVD, he uses the more upfront word, "penis."
- Brick Joke: The Jetsons cutaway ends with George sending Jane falling a long distance from the hovercar. Later, she lands next to Peter and Brian.
- Call Forward: At the prom, Peter accidentally bumps into his enemy, Ernie the Giant Chicken. His friend next to him tells him to let it go and that he'll probably never see Peter again.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Molly Ringwald becomes this in the universe where she married Peter, looking about a decade older than her real age (39 in 2007).
- Judd Nelson also comes by and looks very decrepit.
- Take That
Quagmire: Wow, the perfect hiding spot. The one place no one would look.
- It is mentioned that Osama bin Laden was hiding within the cast of MADtv, a jab at the show not being as prominent or popular as Saturday Night Live. The joke is made funnier for two reasons: 1) MADtv got canceled in 2009 due to low ratings and FOX cutting the budget on late-night TV shows (at least until they brought in Animation Domination High Defnote ) and 2) Osama bin Laden was found and killed two years after MADtv ended.