Recap / Family Guy S 4 E 20 Patriot Games
January 29, 2006
During a disastrous night at his high school reunion, Peter shows untapped talent for pushing through people and becomes a member of the Patriots, which doesn't sit well with Tom Brady. Meanwhile, Brian bets on FOX's Celebrity Boxing
with Stewie, who won't stop beating him up unless he gets his money.
"Patriot Games" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Adam Westing: Jay Leno guest stars as himself being Tom Brady's stalker.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: See No-Holds-Barred Beatdown below.
- Dark Horse Victory: Brian's prediction that Mike Tyson will win the boxing match against Carrol Channing is proven so wrong.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "At Wilkin's Hundai and Subaru, we have Hundais and Subarus!".
- The Determinator: Carrol Channing, no matter what, will not go down.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Lois's entire goal at the dinner was clearly to get Tom Brady naked in her house. Let's reverse that to "Peter aims to get Erin Andrews naked in the Griffin house" and see the reaction...
- Eye Scream: Stewie breaks a glass cup near Brian's eyes.
- Hi, Mom!: During a news interview, Lois says hi to her mom and flips her off.
- Insane Troll Logic: Peter is proven not to be a cowboy astronaut billionaire because "the hat comes right off".
- Kill It with Fire: Stewie sets Brian on fire with a flamethrower.
- Never Trust a Trailer: A promo picture for the episode showed Stewie on a jumbo-tron screen as if he was attempting to brainwash the spectators. Nothing like that appears here.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: "WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?!?"
- Nothing Personal: In true gangster fashion, Stewie becomes affable and content the instant Brian finally pays up and is genuinely surprised that he holds a grudge over the two brutal beatings he recieved beforehand.
- After all, Brian did deserve it, and Stewie is his friend.
- Pet the Dog: Stewie giving Brian a revenge shot and allowing Brian to drove him crazy, when he obviously could have beat Brian up again to silence his cold attitude towards Stewie.
- Wimpification: Stewie in the second half.
- Would Hurt a Child: Brian at the end of the episode. Given, Stewie did offer him a revenge shot, but still.