This episode contains examples of:
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: After a random scene transition, the Eds are stuck in a black void with only their eyes and mouths visible. The void is then revealed to be inside Kevin's right eyeball.
- Deconstruction: On the way cartoons (or at least the show's own cartoon reality) work.
- Extreme Omnivore:
- Floating Platforms: At the strangest point in the episode, the world has been reduced to loads of floating houses, platforms, and other random things.
- Forced Perspective: Played with as Eddy literally walks into the background and finds the monochrome houses to be very small and his hand goes behind the sun.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- After Ed saws the sky to reveal the Kanker sisters bathing and kicks the circle away, Eddy snickers "Did you see anything?".
- There's also Ed's mother's bra.
- I'm Melting!: Jimmy after Eddy removes his outline. With no outline, the paint the artists use to color Jimmy and Jimmy himself turns into a puddle. Late Sara comes back with Jimmy in a large pitcher.Jimmy: Don't spill me!
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Kicks off the entire episode: Ed appears in Eddy's bedroom late one night to ask "How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose."
- Interspecies Romance: Apparently, Wilfred (a pig) and Gertrude (a chicken).
- Malaproper: After bumping into the sun, Eddy shrugs and says "Well, if you' can't beat 'em, eat 'em!" before taking a bite out of it, turning it into a crescent moon.
- Mind Screw
- Multiple Head Case: Rolf in the weird universe.
- No Fourth Wall: While the show is already pretty self-referential, this episode sees it literally getting torn down!
- Not Actually the Ultimate Question: Inverted:Edd: I feel we're getting closer to answering that all-important question!
Eddy: "Is Eddy rich yet?"
Ed: "Can Ed go to the bathroom?"
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Rolf got upset when he found Wilfred in Gertrude's cage again.
- Portable Hole: Subverted at the end of the episode. When the Eds are running from Sarah, Eddy and Double-D fall down a manhole. Ed, still thinking the physics are wacky, tries to pick up the manhole, only to pull out the sewer pipe Eddy and Double-D are stuck in and is forced to run while carrying it.Ed: Big hole.
- Selective Gravity: Frequently messed around with.
- Unusually Uninteresting SightEddy: A three-headed Rolf. Yawn.
- Wheel o' Feet: Eddy gets rid of Sarah at one point by producing one of these before jumping out of it, then sticking her in it and forcing her to run away.