Recap: Children Of Time S 1 T 4 A Stitch In Time
Written in celebration of the 50th Anniversary, although not actually posted then. To make up for a lack of truly active Nine in The Day of the Doctor, Nine and Ten cross paths at a very specific point in Nine's life...
This TARDISode Provides Examples of:
- And the Adventure Continues
- Bittersweet Ending: Nine gets to go back to Rose, and Ten gets to send him back to it.
- Call Back: The whole thing happens in the first place because Ten was showing his Companions a black hole and a supernova (which he brought up and Watson wondered about in "Men of England").
- Continuity Nod: A fair few, not the least among them being the references to Two and Three bickering.
- Fanboy: For once, it's not Ten, but Nine, who's thrilled to meet Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- Fandom-Specific Plot: Yet another fic taking place between Nine leaving Rose and returning for her... but this time, at least, we have Holmes and Watson and Ten.
- Like an Old Married Couple: Holmes and Watson think that Nine and Ten act like this. Holmes even wonders why the Doctor can't get along with himself if he's done this multiple times in the past.
- My Future Self and Me
- Oh, Crap: "But I offered! She said no!"
- Reverse Polarity: "You were about to say something about reversing the polarity of the neutron flow, I just know it."
- Self-Deprecation: Plenty of it between the two Doctors, but this is the crowning gem:Nine: What was I trying to do, impress a girl?Ten: *blushes*Nine: I was? Aren't we a little old for that?
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Ten soon realizes that he has to set his own past back on course.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat
- Squee: "Victorian manners — I love it."
- Stable Time Loop: With Ten having experienced this event twice now (in his past and now present), the loop is closed.
- Temporal Paradox: Nine is unwittingly starting to cause one for Ten's past.