Playing With: Child Hater
Basic Trope: A character who hates children.
Back to Child Hater
- Straight: Harold is a Jerkass who hates children.
- Harold hates children so much that he would physically hurt them or kill them.
- Harold always hated children, even when he was one himself.
- Harold's hatred towards children is so extreme that he wishes to kill all children on the planet, perform abortions on expectant mothers against their will, and render all of the adults infertile. He either is ignorant of how this will doom the human race or knows, but doesn't care.
- Downplayed: Harold is annoyed by children, but doesn't really despise them.
- Harold finds children to be cruel, bratty, mouthy, rebellious, ungrateful spoiled brats. The same goes for teenagers.
- Harold had an encounter with an Enfante Terrible that led to him having a biased opinion towards children in general.
- Harold never got to experience childhood himself when he was young, so he takes out his anger and jealously on them.
- Friend to All Children
- Harold is a kid who hates all adults even though he will become one in later years.
- Subverted: Harold only seemed to hate children because he had a rotten day and was feeling grumpy.
- Double Subverted:
- Even when he's in a good mood, Harold despises all children.
- Turns out he only hates the child protagonist for some reason.
- Zig Zagged: Harold's attitude towards children varies depending on what mood he is in.
- Averted: Characters in the setting either like children or at least tolerate them. None of them express any hostility towards children even when they are annoyed by them.
- Invoked: Children Are a Waste
- Exploited: Harold runs for a political position, but the heroes keep him from winning the election by exposing his hatred of children to the public.
- Defied: Harold refuses to show hostility towards children, knowing that doing so will make some people see him as a horrible person.
- Discussed: "It seems a lot of people think all children are spoiled brats. Honestly, they've never met my well-behaved son!"
- Conversed: "Why would a child watch shows where a villain hates children?"
Back to Child Hater