A form of Names to Run Away From Really Fast
: Anything that sounds like it belongs to a proud resident of the Deep South
can indicate someone Bad Ass
, racist or otherwise seriously disturbed.
- Carnage's real name is Cletus Kasady.
- The Authority: Seth Angus Bubba Joe Billy Cletus Clement Callum Cowie. His mother named him after all of her brothers, because she wanted to be sure to name him after his father.
- Zebediah freaking Killgrave is now a threefer. He's an evil guy, to be sure, but he's not nearly as Badass as that name makes him sound.
- Empowered has Willy Pete. He's Ax-Crazy, rapey, and on fire, the last of which makes more sense when you find out his name is also a nickname for white phosphorous.
- Billy Bob and T.C. from Preacher. The former is a kid so inbred he has only one eye, and the latter is a murderous Jerkass who'll screw Anything That Moves (and quite a few things that don't).
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer 's season 6 Big Bad is named Warren Mears, which kind of foreshadows his future mental instability. (Of course, ironically, the actor's a Jew from New York, although his chick's from Alabama, but she's definitely not a redneck. And she's the one he shot.)
- On The Shield, Shane Vendrell is not a nice person. Further, he uses the alias "Cletus van Damme".