A form of Names to Run Away From Really Fast
: Some people end up going by a pseudonym where they have a one-word description followed by an X. It's generally not a good idea to press them for real names.
Anime & Manga
- Marvel Comics, who publish X-Men, has Professor X, Weapon X, Agent X, and Mutant X.
- CSI: New York had a storyline about a female Professional Killer who they only referred to as "Suspect X." Her crimes included killing an Internet celebrity to take her identity, assassinating a federal judge, holding hostage, surgically altering and finally killing a random innocent woman to fake her own death, and hacking Second Life.
- While Mega Man X himself is a heavy aversion in the games proper, he does have an evil counterpart from the Megamission card game, "Mega Man iX". And then there's Copy-X to consider...
- Longshoreman X (yes, really) is a boss in the original Dead to Rights. He fights with full fisherman gear and a spear gun.
- In Cave Story, an infamous boss is called Monster X.
- In Kingdom Hearts II, the only real "boss" in the Gummy Ship Missions is called Hunter X, found only in the very last mission on the hardest difficulty.
- Red X; not just the only antihero in the series but also the only character to never be defeated! (from the animated Teen Titans, with a color to boot!)
- Beast Wars gives us Protoform X, complete with a big ugly X on his stasis pod. Becomes the aptly named Predacon Rampage once he's released.
- Malcolm X, why not. Real life Badass Preacher extraordinaire, not to mention (at least from his own perspective) an epic Heel-Face Turn when he left the black separatist Nation of Islam for mainstream Islam.
- There is an as of yet unidentified pliosaur known as Predator X. Estimates put its length at about 50 feet and give it a bite force more powerful then a Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Planet X
- Angelspit's Destroy X.