is an American (yes, American) Alternative Rock
group formed in August 2011, consisting of members Jesse Rutherford (lead vocals), Jeremy Freedman (guitars), Zach Abels (guitars), Mikey Margott (bass) and Bryan Sammis (drums).
The Neighbourhood Discography
- I'm Sorry... (2012)
- Thank You, (2012)
- I Love You. (2013)
- The Love Collection (2013)
- #000000 & #FFFFFF (2013)
Tropes related to The Neighbourhood
- Deliberately Monochrome: Their album artwork and their music videos.
- Epic Instrumental Opener: "How".
- Fun with Acronyms: Averted by "W.D.Y.W.F.M?", which stands for "What Do You Want from Me?", but does not spell a word itself.note
- Idiosyncratic Cover Art: All of their album artworks feature a symbol consisting of an upside-down house, save for the "Sweater Weather" single.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Their first two EPs, I'm Sorry... and Thank You, and their first studio album, I Love You., are all simple, common phrases people speak to each other in everyday life, followed by punctuation.
- Intercourse with You: "A Little Death".
- "Sweater Weather", although not entirely about it.
- Lucky Charms Title: "$ting"
- Lyrical Dissonance: While most of their songs sound upbeat, their lyrics are often anything but, often talking about Sanity Slippage or worry.
- Mohs Scale of Lyrical Hardness: Most of their songs around around a 5 to a 7.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Many of their songs are around a 2 to a 4.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: They're an alternative rock band heavily influenced by electronica, R&B, psychedelic rock and pop.
- Non-Appearing Title: "Female Robbery" and "Sweater Weather".
- Precision F-Strike: "Afraid", "Alleyways", "W.D.Y.W.F.M.?" and "Flawless". Like CHVRCHES and The 1975, while iTunes gives "Afraid" an "EXPLICIT" tag, they don't for any other song.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Afraid" and "Female Robbery".
- Song Style Shift: After the second chorus, "Sweater Weather" suddenly stops in its tracks and comes back with a slower sound.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Despite being an American band, their band name is spelled the English way, with a "u".
- Textless Album Cover: I Love You.