Music: Neon Trees
Neon Trees is an Alternative Rock band from Provo, Utah. The band was formed in 2005 by Tyler Glenn and Chris Allen, eventually adding Branden Campbell and Elaine Bradley. The name came from the lighted trees on In-N-Out Burger signs. Their first album, Habits was released in 2010. Opening for acts such as Panic! at the Disco and My Chemical Romance helped them gain popularity. The second album, Picture Show was released on April 17, 2012. Best known for their songs "Animal'', "1983", and more recently, "Everybody Talks" and "Sleeping with a Friend".
- Start a Fire (2009)
- Habits (2010)
- Picture Show (2012)
- Pop Psychology (2014)
Tropes featured in Neon Trees:
- Alternative Rock
- Cover Version: Glee has done Animal and Everybody Talks. They themselves have covered Justin Bieber's "Baby" and Ben E. King's "Stand By Me".
- Long Title: "Lessons In Love (All Day, All Night)"
- Mind Screw: Everybody Talks's music video.
- Not Christian Rock: All four members are a part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but their music doesn't make any reference to this.
- One-Word Title: "1983", "Animal", "Weekend", and "Trust", to name a few.
- Titleby Number: "1983"
- Title Drop: In most of their songs, but more evident towards the end of "Everybody Talks".