Cimorelli (sim-or-ELL-ee) is a singing group popularized on YouTube and formerly signed to Universal Music's Island label. Cimorelli is made up of 6 sisters, Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani. Their singing style is mostly using acapella with occasional instruments.Lauren and Dani also guested on an episode of Kids React as well as Lisa and Amy on an episode of Teens React.They have a YouTube page where you can listen to their covers and for some of their original songs, they have their own VEVO page.Their first album, Up At Night, released in May 2016, can be bought here for the CD version and on iTunes for the digital version. The whole album can be streamed on Spotify.
Covers they have done recently (among others) include:
Tropes applied to Cimorelli include:
- Bowdlerise: And how. This might have to do with their Catholic upbringing and their good girl image; they sometimes edit some lyrics to fit the good side of things. Compare both OneRepublic's original "Counting Stars" to their cover version, for example.
- Cover Version: What they do, in acapella form.
- Cuteness Proximity: All the girls but Dani to Matty B in Don't Call Me Baby
- Girl Group
- Genki Girl: Dani.
- Incoming Ham: Lisa, at times.
- Idol Singer
- Large Ham: Lisa and sometimes Lauren. Here's one for Lauren.
- Raised Catholic: All 6 of them.
- The Cover Changes the Gender: Their rendition of Boyfriend is this.
- The Moral Substitute: Combined with Bowdlerization, they technically would count as the "Good girl role models" version of this to Fifth Harmony and/or Little Mix.