Cimorelli (sim-or-ELL-ee) is a singing group popularized on YouTube and signed to Universal Music's Island label. Cimorelli is made up of 6 sisters, Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani. Their singing style is mostly using acapella with occasional instruments.Lauren and Dani also guested on an episode of Kids React as well as Lisa and Amy on an episode of Teens React.They have a YouTube page where you can listen to their covers (the recent ones were featured in The CimFam EP and the Believe It EP, both available on iTunes). Their 3 recent singles, "What I Do" (Which was featured in commercials for Hasbro's Doh-Vinci brand) and "Everything You Have" (which was featured in their own web series "Summer With Cimorelli", which aired in summer 2014) and "That Girl Should Be Me" are available now, the last one being part of their new EP, "Renegade" (Along with another logo change).
Covers they have done recently (among others) include:
Tropes applied to Cimorelli include:
- Bowdlerise: And how. This might have to do with their Catholic upbringing and their good girl image. Compare both OneRepublic's original "Counting Stars" to their cover version, for example.
- Cover Version: What they do, in acapella form.
- Cuteness Proximity: All the girls but Dani to Matty B in Don't Call Me Baby
- Girl Group
- Idol Singer
- Large Ham: Lisa and sometimes Lauren. Here's one for Lauren.
- Raised Catholic: All 6 of them.
- The Cover Changes The Gender: Their rendition of Boyfriend is this.