"Nothing can stop me now!!! I can enjoy the death and suffering of all living things to my heart's content!!!"The Dragon Ball franchise is the Trope Codifier for modern shounen action series, including its villains. Most of them are Card Carrying Villains who do things out of the heck of it, but not too evil. And there are some who were created evil and do some questionable things. Then there are the few who are so twisted that they are memorable for being so ungodly demented and cruel and lacking the morals/mercy of their fellow villains, who are either horrified and can't do anything about it or actually admire the person due to their overwhelming power.
Dragon Ball Z
- Frieza is the tyrannical head of the Galactic Frieza Army, an organization that wipes out all life from planets, then sells the planets to the highest bidder. Prior to the events of the series, Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta, bringing the Saiyan race to near extinction despite their loyalty, as he feared that he was going to be overthrown by a Super Saiyan. During his invasion of Namek, Frieza killed many civilians, including Dende's caretakers and brother, even after he got the Dragon Balls. He also slaughtered several warriors and tortured Nail, Gohan, and Vegeta to near-death, and had Vegeta crying and begging Goku to stop Frieza, who then shoots Vegeta through the heart. He then blew up Dende, when he learned the boy could heal people. He then blew a hole through Piccolo, proceeded to blow up Krillin, and threatened Goku's son, which led to Goku becoming the very thing that he feared most. When Goku showed mercy by giving the dying Frieza some energy, Frieza promptly tried to kill him, leading Goku to blow him apart. He later came back as a Cyborg, and went to Earth with his father to destroy it, only stopped by Future Trunks. Resurrected by his underlings Sorbet and Tagoma, Frieza craved revenge on the Saiyans, and would stop at nothing to achieve it. After Tagoma suggested that Frieza should ignore the Super Saiyans and focus on his empire, Frieza killed him by blasting him into space. He started an invasion of Earth, destroyed an entire city, killed his entire army, except for Sorbet after they lost to the Z fighters, and tortured an injured Goku by stomping on his chest. When he was overpowered by Vegeta, he destroyed the entire Earth not caring if he would be killed in the explosion, just to spite the Saiyans. Genocidal, arrogant, and sadistic underneath his polite exterior, Frieza set a new standard for Dragon Ball villains.
- Android Arc: Cell, an Ultimate Lifeform created by Dr. Gero, inherited Frieza's sociopathic sadism and Vegeta's pride. He goes around towns eating thousands of people with his tail just to increase his powers, the last of the victims having his ordeal disturbingly prolonged in order to give him absolute fear of being absorbed. Cell then absorbs Androids 17 and 18, resulting in Cell going One-Winged Angel. Though Cell was programmed to kill, several Androids proved that Gero's creations can have moral agency; in addition, Cell takes a sadistic pleasure in killing, as shown when he starts "the Cell Games," just to hold off destroying Earth so that he can see everyone's faces contort in terror and states that he would've hunted every single person on Earth one by one if he won, after which he would then destroy Earth and then go on to other planets. Cell beats Gohan to near death and creates "Cell Juniors" to torture the other Z Fighters so that he can transform to his Superpowered Evil Side, which he succeeds by destroying Android 16 in front of him. When the fight stopped going his way, he tried to destroy the world with his self-destruct sequence, forcing Goku to perform a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Majin Buu Arc:
- Babidi, the doppleganger clone of Bibidi, who uses the evil in a person's heart to make them want to serve him, orchestrated the revival of Majin Buu, ultimately making him the one responsible for the cataclysmic amounts of death and destruction that occur later. Babidi kills his men when they are no longer useful, including brainwashed minions Spopovich and Yamu, after which he comments how enjoyable their deaths were; and throws Dabura, his loyal right-hand man, under the bus once Buu is revived. He took great delight in having Buu systematically kill the people of Earth so he could lure out Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks all for the purpose of getting his petty revenge against them. When he's asked to stop this by Goku, he then announces that he'll have more people killed just to spite him. Finally, he crushed the head of someone who gave him the names of Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks, just because he found the information to be useless. He also constantly threatens Majin Buu when the latter doesn't obey him.
- Super Buu, the later form of Evil Buu, has the evil of Kid Buu but, unlike Fat Buu, who is too childish to know better, has the ability to understand about his own evil, he just doesn't care. Once made eloquently intelligent by Piccolo, he actually lamented killing off all of humanity earlier because destroying their cities wasn't as fun without them screaming. When told by Piccolo to go kill off some humans to buy some time for Goten and Trunks to master the fusion technique, his response, out of impatience, is to fire a barrage of energy that locks on and kills every human outside of Kami Tower except Hercule; this is conveniently called Human Extinction Attack, because it fired as many blasts needed to bring the human race to extinction . He also turns Chichi into an egg to smash it because she was annoying him. Once he's fed up, he turns Krillin and everyone except Gotenks and Piccolo into candy and eats them alive. Finally, once he does have Piccolo's intelligence, despite being superior to a Gohan who had trounced him earlier, he beats him senseless while using Piccolo's teachings to mess with his head.
- Resurrection F Arc: Frieza is even MORE of a monster in this retelling of Resurrection 'F'. After Tagoma suggests that Frieza forget about the Saiyans, Frieza critically injures him and forcefully makes him his "sparring partner" for his training, torturing Tagoma to the brink of death every day for the next four months. After reaching Earth, Frieza tells his men that whoever kills Krillin will get their own planet, knowing how much Krillin means to Goku. Frieza tortures Gohan by shooting him with energy beams, and is highly amused when Piccolo gets in the way of the blasts to save Gohan. When Frieza hears that Gohan has a family, he promises to kill them too, and orders Ginyu to kill Goten and Trunks. When Goku arrives, Frieza states that after he destroys Earth, he will destroy New Namek as well so there is no way to undo his evil acts. Before fighting Goku, Frieza kills all his minions just to demonstrate his power. Frieza fires blasts at Goku's friends just to distract him. Just like in the movie, he tries to destroy Earth when he finds himself cornered, and actually succeeds before Whis rewinds time like in the film.
- Future Trunks Arc: Zamasu, a former Kai from Universe 10 and apprentice to the Supreme Kai Gowasu, has a strong distrust towards the mortals, because they keep making the same mistakes. Once Goku shows a power capable of rivaling the gods, he considers the mortals as inherently evil and dangerous. Eventually falling into villainy, Zamasu plans to eradicate all mortals in the multiverse, with a scheme that he calls "Zero Mortal Plan". To enact this plan, Zamasu murders his own mentor Gowasu, stealing the Potara earrings to usurp his status as a Supreme Kai, and the time ring to travels through timelines. Then, he travels in another timeline to collect the Super Dragon Balls, exchange his body with Gokuís and kill him right in front of his family, before killing them as well, solely out of spite. Knowing that no one would be willing to help him for his plan, Zamasu, as Goku Black, formed a team with his future self. Together, they proceed to travel in Trunks timeline to destroy the Super Dragon Balls so that there is no way to reverse their plan, slaughter all gods to keep them from interfering, destroy many planets and slowly reduce humanity into near-extinction. Upon fusing with his future incarnation, Zamasu proceeds to cause mass destruction on Earth just to demonstrate his power as the "ultimate god". When Trunks managed to destroy his physical body, Merged Zamasuís spirit survives, and attempts to exterminate all life throughout the multiverse by merging with it, extending the effect on the others timelines. In all of his incarnations, Zamasu is a petty, hypocritical, and sadistic narcissist who thinks that the world should be reshaped in his own vision.
- Xenoverse & Xenoverse 2:
- This incarnation of Time Breaker Towa is worse than her Online and Heroes counterparts due to lacking any redeeming quality. A scientist from the Demon Realm, Towa aims to break the seal on her homeworld, which would result in turning the universe into, as she puts it, a "garden of evil blooming with rage and pain". To reach this goal, she, with the assistance of her creation Mira, travels through several timelines over the course of the game to reshape history by empowering the villains in order to kill the heroes and collect their energy. Upon learning that Trunks is a member of the Time Patrol, she tries to get him killed in the past by the strengthened cyborgs and, in case this fails, arranges it so that Cell would absorb them to finish the job, then mocks the player over their failure to save Trunks. Returning in the sequel, in addition to empowering even more villains, Towa resorts to other despicable methods. These actions include kidnapping Bardock and brainwashing him, luring Whis in the Time Nest to keep him from fixing Earth's destruction and turning the mind-controlled protagonist of the previous game against the heroes. Desperate after her multiple failures, Towa travels back in time and kills Shenron to make sure the protagonist is never summoned, wiping them from everyone's memory and undoing all of their heroic actions in the first game.
- The Big Bad from the first game is the Demon God, Demigra, who was imprisoned in a crack in time by his Arch-Enemy, the Supreme Kai of Time. To free himself, he sends out an image capable of acting on the physical plane to cause chaos and distort time. One of the timelines has him brainwashing Piccolo into trying to kill Goten and Trunks. Another has him trying to brainwash Beerus into destroying Earth. After his release, he plans to destroy the universe and reshape it so that everything revolves around him.