"Nothing can stop me now!!! I can enjoy the death and suffering of all living things to my heart's content!!!"The Dragon Ball franchise is the Trope Codifier for modern shounen action series, including its villains. Most of them are Card Carrying Villains who do things out of the heck of it, but not too evil. And there are some who were created evil and do some questionable things. Then there are the few who are so twisted that they are memorable for being so ungodly demented and cruel and lacking the morals/mercy of their fellow villains, who are either horrified and can't do anything about it or actually admire the person due to their overwhelming power.
Dragon Ball Z
- Frieza is the tyrannical head of the Galactic Frieza Army, an organization that wipes out all life from planets, then sells the planets to the highest bidder. Prior to the events of the series, Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta, bringing the Saiyan race to near extinction despite their loyalty, as he feared that he was going to be overthrown by a Super Saiyan. During his invasion of Namek, Frieza killed many civilians, including Dende's caretakers and brother, even after he got the Dragon Balls. He also slaughtered several warriors and tortured Nail, Gohan, and Vegeta to near-death, and had Vegeta crying and begging Goku to stop Frieza, who then shoots Vegeta through the heart. He then blew up Dende, when he learned the boy could heal people. He then blew a hole through Piccolo, proceeded to blow up Krillin, and threatened Goku's son, which led to Goku becoming the very thing that he feared most. When Goku showed mercy by giving the dying Frieza some energy, Frieza promptly tried to kill him, leading Goku to blow him apart. He later came back as a Cyborg, and went to Earth with his father to destroy it, only stopped by Future Trunks. Resurrected by his underlings Sorbet and Tagoma, Frieza craved revenge on the Saiyans, and would stop at nothing to achieve it. After Tagoma suggested that Frieza should ignore the Super Saiyans and focus on his empire, Frieza killed him by blasting him into space. He started an invasion of Earth, destroyed an entire city, killed his entire army, except for Sorbet after they lost to the Z fighters, and tortured an injured Goku by stomping on his chest. When he was overpowered by Vegeta, he destroyed the entire Earth not caring if he would be killed in the explosion, just to spite the Saiyans. Genocidal, arrogant, and sadistic underneath his polite exterior, Frieza set a new standard for Dragon Ball villains.
- Android Arc: Cell, an Ultimate Lifeform created by Dr. Gero, inherited Frieza's sociopathic sadism and Vegeta's pride. He goes around towns eating thousands of people with his tail just to increase his powers, the last of the victims having his ordeal disturbingly prolonged in order to give him absolute fear of being absorbed. Cell then absorbs Androids 17 and 18, resulting in Cell going One-Winged Angel. Though Cell was programmed to kill, several Androids proved that Gero's creations can have moral agency; in addition, Cell takes a sadistic pleasure in killing, as shown when he starts "the Cell Games," just to hold off destroying Earth so that he can see everyone's faces contort in terror and states that he would've hunted every single person on Earth one by one if he won, after which he would then destroy Earth and then go on to other planets. Cell beats Gohan to near death and creates "Cell Juniors" to torture the other Z Fighters so that he can transform to his Superpowered Evil Side, which he succeeds by destroying Android 16 in front of him. When the fight stopped going his way, he tried to destroy the world with his self-destruct sequence, forcing Goku to perform a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Majin Buu Arc:
- Babidi, the doppleganger clone of Bibidi, who uses the evil in a person's heart to make them want to serve him, orchestrated the revival of Majin Buu, ultimately making him the one responsible for the cataclysmic amounts of death and destruction that occur later. Babidi kills his men when they are no longer useful, including brainwashed minions Spopovich and Yamu, after which he comments how enjoyable their deaths were; and throws Dabura, his loyal right-hand man, under the bus once Buu is revived. He took great delight in having Buu systematically kill the people of Earth so he could lure out Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks all for the purpose of getting his petty revenge against them. When he's asked to stop this by Goku, he then announces that he'll have more people killed just to spite him. Finally, he crushed the head of someone who gave him the names of Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks, just because he found the information to be useless. He also constantly threatens Majin Buu when the latter doesn't obey him.
- Super Buu has agency over his actions, unlike his previous forms, and simply chooses to be an Omnicidal Maniac. When Piccolo distracts Super Buu to allow Goten and Trunks time to master the fusion technique, Super Buu irritably uses his "Human Extinction Attack" to eradicate the entire population of Earth. Tormenting those not killed by staying in Kami Tower, Super Buu turns Chichi into an egg and smashes it for annoying him, and turns everyone else except Gotenks and Piccolo into candy before eating them alive. Absorbing Gotenks and Piccolo, Super Buu beats Gohan to near-death while repeating a mockery of Piccolo's teachings to mentally torment him. Absorbing Gohan as well, Super Buu declares he will use his newfound, nigh-limitless power to enjoy systematically wiping out all life on every planet in the universe he comes across. Becoming enraged by neither being able to overpower nor outsmart Vegito, Super Buu shrieks in frustration, releasing his power through them and begins warping the space between dimensions, causing them to collapse on each other and threatening the stability of the multiverse. A callous sadist, Super Buu would happily snuff out all sentient life just to spite Vegito for besting him in combat.
- Resurrection F Arc: Frieza is even worse in the retelling of Resurrection 'F'. After Tagoma suggests that Frieza forget about the Saiyans, Frieza critically injures him and forcefully makes him his "sparring partner" for his training, torturing Tagoma to the brink of death every day for the next four months. After reaching Earth, Frieza tells his men that whoever kills Krillin will get their own planet, knowing how much Krillin means to Goku. Frieza tortures Gohan by shooting him with energy beams, and is highly amused when Piccolo gets in the way of the blasts to save Gohan. When Frieza hears that Gohan has a family, he promises to kill them too, and orders Ginyu to kill Goten and Trunks. When Goku arrives, Frieza states that after he destroys Earth, he will destroy New Namek as well so there is no way to undo his evil acts. Before fighting Goku, Frieza kills all his minions just to demonstrate his power. During his fight with Goku, Frieza fires blasts at Goku's friends just to distract him. Just like in the movie, he then tries to destroy Earth when he finds himself cornered, all to spite the Saiyans. During the Universe Survival Arc Goku makes a deal with Frieza that, in exchange for Frieza fighting for Universe 7 in the Tournament of Power, he'll revive Frieza with the Dragon Balls. Frieza agrees, only to nearly kill Goku with Sidra's Energy of Destruction and attempt to make the same deal with Universe 9.
- Future Trunks Arc: Zamasu, a former Kai from Universe 10 and apprentice to the Supreme Kai Gowasu, has a strong distrust towards the mortals, because they keep making the same mistakes. Once Goku shows a power capable of rivaling the gods, he considers the mortals as inherently evil and dangerous. Eventually falling into villainy, Zamasu plans to eradicate all mortals in the multiverse, with a scheme that he calls "Zero Mortal Plan". To enact this plan, Zamasu murders his own mentor Gowasu, stealing the Potara earrings to usurp his status as a Supreme Kai, and the time ring to travels through timelines. Then, he travels in another timeline to collect the Super Dragon Balls, exchange his body with Gokuís and kill him right in front of his family, before killing them as well, solely out of spite. Knowing that no one would be willing to help him for his plan, Zamasu, as Goku Black, formed a team with his future self. Together, they proceed to travel in Trunks timeline to destroy the Super Dragon Balls so that there is no way to reverse their plan, slaughter all gods to keep them from interfering, destroy many planets and slowly reduce humanity into near-extinction. Upon fusing with his future incarnation, Zamasu proceeds to cause mass destruction on Earth just to demonstrate his power as the "ultimate god". When Trunks managed to destroy his physical body, Merged Zamasuís spirit survives, and attempts to exterminate all life throughout the multiverse by merging with it, extending the effect on the others timelines. In all of his incarnations, Zamasu is a petty, hypocritical, and sadistic narcissist who thinks that the world should be reshaped in his own vision.
- Xenoverse: The Demon God, Demigra, was imprisoned in a crack in time by the Supreme Kai of Time. To free himself, he sends out an image capable of acting on the physical plane to cause chaos and distort time. One of the timelines has him brainwashing Piccolo into trying to kill Goten and Trunks. Another has him trying to brainwash Beerus into destroying Earth. After his release, he plans to destroy the universe and reshape it so that everything revolves around him.