Cat-like hominidae nicknamed "Nuko", a species that has evolved to be closer to humans than cats.The heartwarming story about the daily lives of a freeter named Yuuya and his two part cat, part human pets known as Nukos.
Contains Examples of:
- A Freeter and his Nukos
- The Ace: Yuuya is good at everything that has to do with housework.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Sasame is three months old at the beginning of the story.
- Bishōnen: Yuuya and Yamato.
- Cat People: The Nukos.
- Childhood Friends: Yuuya and Yamato.
- The Cutie: The Nukos.
- Cuteness Proximity: Anyone that is in close proximity to a Nuko will immediately start commenting on how cute and adorable they are.
- Food as Bribe: How Yuuya usually gets Yamato to ignore his laziness.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Yuuya.
- Lethal Chef: Yamato has the ability to make everything blow up, even when he is just pouring tea.
- Seems to run through the family as it is shown that his mother is also a Lethal Chef.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Sasame and Kei respectively.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The Nukos.
- Rule of Cute: The Nukos run on this.
- Sleep Cute: Oh so much.
- Supreme Chef: Yuuya.
- Sweet Tooth: Yamato.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Sasame and Kana respectively.
- Tsundere: Kei.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Not just limited to the viewers either, characters in universe often mistake Kei for a girl.
- You Taste Delicious: A rare not creepy example, the Nukos lick off chocolate that got on Yuuya's face while they were eating.