Sakura Hane has to ride her bicycle up several steep hills just to get to her new high school. As she is desperately pedaling, she sees and hears a motorcycle zoom past her and instantly falls in love with it. It turns out that bike was driven by her new classmate Amano Onsa, who decided to attend this school because there is no policy against motorcycles. Not only that, there is apparently a motorcycle club on campus. Hane and Onsa instantly become friends and she is able to convince Hane to start riding a bike. Now the only thing Hane has to do is get a license...Bakuon!! is a seinen manga about girls and their motorcycles. It was written and drawn by Mimana Orimoto and serialized in the Young Champion Retsu magazine since 2011.
Tropes appearing in Bakuon!!:
- Biker Babe: Raimu, Onsa, and Rin. Hane (studying for license exam) and Hijiri (waiting to be of age to take the exam) are soon-to-be.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Hane has shades of this, what's with talking to and getting pointers from the driving school's bike and stuff.
- Cool Bike: Raimu, story-wise. Splash pages from the manga has each of the girls drawn with one, although they have different bikes in-story.
- Drives Like Crazy: Raimu. She got to 309 kph (around 190 mph) on her Kawasaki Ninja while taking Hane on a spin.
- Expy: Raimu is basically The Stig, only female and wearing seifuku. The translating group went further in saying that all three early protagonists beside Raimu has parallel to Top Gear hosts (Onsa to Jeremy Clarkson, Hane to James May, and Rin to Richard Hammond).
- Everyone Is Jesus In Pergatory: On a roadtrip, Hane encounters a character with long hair and a halo, whom is wearing a helmet that reads, in English, "I AM JESUS".
- Fangirl: Rin is a Suzuki fangirl.
- Game of Chicken: Chapter 5 revolves around this. Hijiri proposes it. All of the Bike Club gets on with it at a riverbank, but Onsa and Rin dropped out due to them thinking that it's stupid. Raimu (with Hane riding shotgun) wins, and Hijiri took a plunge to the river (uninjured save for a broken glasses). All this also doubles as a big shout-out to Rebel Without a Cause.
- Girlish Pigtails: Rin.
- Jerk Ass: Onsa has a mild case of this, especially when faced with Rin's Suzuki fangirl-ing.
- Meaningful Name: Rin Suzunoki, the Suzuki fangirl. Raimu Kawasaki rides a Kawasaki.
- The Ojou: Hijiri, complete with butler.
- Parental Abandonment: In chapter 2, Onsa and Raimu (and the readers) are led to believe that Hane's parents are deceased... only for Hane to blurt out that now she can take her sister on a ride to visit them. In America.
- The Voiceless: Raimu.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Rin has a Grade A.