Acid Town is manga created by Kyuugou and published Gentosha. The manga has not been licensed in English, but it has been licensed in French by Taifu Comics, and in German by Carlsen Manga.
Yuki would do anything for his little brother, even steal from the Yakuza. Yuki and his friend Tsudo are caught trying to steal from the Seidoukai headquarters by Hyodo, who offers to let them go, and even pay for Yuki's little brother's hospital bills, if they can strike a deal. The deal is that Yuki must visit Hyodo weekly. It's not long before Yuki gets embroiled in a turf war by shady characters from his past who want to use him as a pawn against Hyodo.
This manga contains the following tropes
- Abusive Parents: Ashiei, while he's only Jun's dad, Yuki was under his care after his mom died, and Ashiei did some pretty horrible things to him; like raping him and selling him into prostitution. Yuki's grandparents also qualify since they sold their daughter, Tsubaki, into prostitution.
- Ambiguously Gay: Ryouji.
- Big Brother Instinct: You could say that Ryouji has this.
- Break the Cutie: Everyone. I'm not even kidding. Pretty much every single fucking one of these characters.
- Boys Love
- Crapsack World
- Contrived Coincidence: Hyodo has been looking for Yuki since Tsubaki died, and he finally finds Yuki when the boys try to rob his headquarters. We later find out that Hyodo is actually Ryouji's benefactor, who has been Yuki's landlord for about two years. Another somewhat contrived coincidence is Reiji meeting Jun in the hospital.
- Crapsack World
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Yuki seemed to have had the best parents in the series.
- Driven to Suicide: What is hinted to have happen to Hisako
- Eye Scream: How Reiji lost his eye.
- Fan Disservice: Yuki being treated as a whore.
- Freudian Excuse: Reiji has one.
- Ill Boy: Jun
- Kill It with Fire: Unfortunately, it didn't work.
- Yuki attempted to kill Ashiei when he first ran away by this method. It didn't work, presumably because he kind of held back at the last minute. He is later mocked by both Ashiei and Wang about this.
- Landlord: Ryouji is Yuki's and Tetsu's landlord.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Yuki's little brother Jun, which is justified since he's only six years old. So has been Hiko, both about what is happening and about her bother's past.
- Love Makes You Evil: Ashiei was already pretty bad, but he seemed to have gotten worse after Yuki's mom refused to love him. This is also probably why Masatsugu is helping Reiji in his revenge, even though it means destroying his organization and betraying people who depend and trust him.
- Harmful to Minors
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Yuki's mom, and technically Yuki himself.
- May-December Romance: If it turns out that Yuki and Hyodo are the official couple then they will have this. In a more straight example, there's a least a 10 year difference between Reiji and Masatsugu
- The Man Behind the Man
- The Mole
- One Degree of Separation: Oh, so much. Let's begin, shall we?
- Tsubaki and Ryuuji are Yuki's parents. They and Hyodo were a trio of friends in the past.
- Tsubaki had a child with Ashiel named Jun, Yuki's stepbrother
- Ashiel is Tsubaki's childhood friend, Yuki's stepfather, Jun's father, and the bastard brother of Wang
- Wang is one of Yuki's former customers, head of the family who opposes Masatsugu and Hyodo
- Hyodo is techincally Yuki's godfather and the benefactor of Yuki's landlord, Ryouji
- Tetsu, Ryouji, and Riko come from the same orphanage
- Reiji is part of Wang's family or alliance and is being tracked down by Hyodo
- Hisako and Jun are in the same hospital
- Masatsugu is Hyodo's older brother, the head of the company, Reiji's lover, and surrogate brother to both Reiji and Hisako
- Ryuuji (Yuki's dad) is childhood friends with Reiji. Reiji later learns that Ryuuji is his half-brother.
- Orphanage of Fear: Referenced by Tetsu.
- Pet the Dog: Hidetsugu was known to be a very merciless man, but he had a couple of Pet the Dog moments, like picking up Hyodo from the street, and taking care of Reiji and Hisoko after their parents died. Reiji also has a moment like this when he meets Jun in the hospital.
- Promotion to Parent: Yuki for Jun.
- Rape as Backstory: This is actually used for a few characters, but it mostly focuses on Yuki
- Revenge: Reiji plans revenge against Masatsugu's father mainly because he killed his dad, but the ripping out eye thing probably didn't do much to help the situation.
- Reunion Kiss: Reiji and Masatsugu share this when they meet up for (presumably) the first time in ten years.
- Single Tear: Rei cries a single tear when he goes to visit his sister at the end of volume one.
- Shotacon: Yukio was sold into prostitution when he was 12
- The Smurfette Principle: Riko and Hisako. However, Hisako is in a coma and has only been slightly developed through flashbacks.
- Start of Darkness:
- Unholy Matrimony: Reiji and Masatsugu secretly have this
- Unrequited Love: Ashiei had it bad for Yuki's late mom, Tsubaki. He attacks Yuki and tells him that he's nothing but a sign of his mom's betrayal to him. His final words are her name.
- Tetsu for Yuki, so far, unsurprisingly given Yuki's sexual trauma.
- Wife Husbandry
- Yakuza: Almost everyone is related to the Yakuza.