Who needs a trampoline when you've got fungus!You're a character in a video game, and you need to climb up a cliff. But unfortunately, you have no climbing skills whatsoever. You have no trampolines, jetpacks, or flying animals. So what do you do? Easy, just go find a mushroom! In short, mushrooms in video games which can be used as trampolines and springboards. See also Springs Springs Everywhere, Trampoline Tummy, Cobweb Trampoline and Gelatinous Trampoline. The Trope Namer is Springy Spores, from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- There are some mushrooms to bounce on in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.
- Fungi Forest's mushrooms in Donkey Kong 64.
- There's only one mushroom in Dizzy The Adventurer, and it serves this purpose.
- In Sly 2: Band of Thieves, there are mushrooms you can bounce on around Rajan's jungle base.
- Found in Eternal Daughter. There, however, are also fake ones that bite you.
- The track Mushroom Gorge Mario Kart Wii has mushrooms you can bounce on.
- Sonic and Knuckles has giant bouncy mushrooms in Mushroom Hill Zone.
- Alice: Madness Returns has the "Amanita Muscaria" within Wonderland of different cosmetic varieties that rigidly shoots Alice upwards almost vertically regardless of the angle of landing onto the mushroom.
- The Forbidden Forest in LEGO Harry Potter has them.
- As do various locations in Lego Lord of the Rings.
- In the Madagascar video game, there was a minigame where you had to jump on bouncy, multicolored mushrooms in a certain order. On a later level, Alex was chasing you and at one point he is seen jumping on a mushroom.
- Seen in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, if only at the end of the shrinking animation on tree stumps.
- Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2.
- There was a Sega Genesis game called The Aquatic Games that was part of the James Pond series. It had a variant of this involving sea sponges used in a gymnastics level.
- The Flash game Nelly.
- This Touhou fan video, shows Marisa climbing a hill by jumping between abnormally large mushrooms.
- Angry Birds: Rio has bouncy mushrooms in the jungle levels.
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon has a puzzle where Spyro has to use flower seeds and mushroom seeds to grow platforms to reach the top of a tower. Because Spyro can only glide and not fly upwards, putting all of them in the right place is essential.