Professionals Do It on Desks
Normally, people in a professional line of work must keep their romantic inclinations in check at the office. However, sometimes, in the heat of the moment, UST
simply must be resolved. They're at the office, so might as well just do it on the desk. This may or may not involve Necktie Leash
kissing or the wanton shuffling of papers onto the floor to make way for some "pencil pushing". Can be used to show the otherwise-professional letting their hair down, or as an insult to the boss or someone else in a position of authority.
A subtrope of Making Love in All the Wrong Places
- In Devil Due's Publishing's Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, Laura Jeffries and Martin Ransome have sex on the desk of the CEO of Cardwell Industries.
- Advice And Trust: In chapter 8, Ritsuko is fed up with being ignored by Gendo, so that she storms inside his office, pounces on his desk and demands being taken right there. So Gendo did.
She'd gone to his office, stormed inside like a force of nature, and all but pounced on him at his desk. He'd finally acquiesced to her very plain desire and taken her, right there in his office. Again.
- In Yet Again, it is revealed that it is a grand tradition among Hokages for the acting Hokage to, at least once, take his or her beloved in the Hokage's office, right there on the desk.
- In Die Hard, Two employees of Nakatomi are going at it on a desk when Hans Gruber's boys show up and drag them out with the rest of the hostages.
Live Action TV
- Deception Point: Senator Sexton and his assistant, Gabrielle, have a desktop tryst in his office, photos of which are later used as blackmail.
- In one of The Millennium Trilogy books, part of the background on Blomkvist and Berger's relationship is that they had sex on the desk in her office shortly after they began working together, thus resuming a relationship that they had ended when each of them got married.
- Frasier finds himself at odds with his new female boss, which everyone except him thinks is Unresolved Sexual Tension. Finally, he goes in to argue with his boss about wages late at night, and the following exchange ensues:
Kate Costas: There would've been raises if you hadn't taken all the money to pay for those Armani suits!
Frasier: Oh, what about you? Let's not overlook that pricy little Fendi scarf you're wearing!
Kate Costas: Well, what about this designer cologne on you?
Frasier: Well, how about those pouty lips that must have cost you a fortune in collagen injections!
Kate Costas: These lips are mine, you arrogant gasbag!
Frasier: You intractable despot!
Kate Costas: Blowhard!
Kate Costas: Ass!
- In Better Off Ted, a flashback/security footage of Ted's hookup with Veronica shows them having sex on top of a work desk. Veronica accidentally deleted an important e-mail with her foot during the act.
- Conviction: ADA's Alex Cabot and Jim Steele engage in after-hours sex on top of Jim's work desk.
- In the first episode of Crownies, Ben and Julie sneak into the office after the Christmas party to have sex on Ben's boss's desk.
- On Friends
- When Phoebe dates David the Scientist Guy...
Phoebe: Were you planning on kissing me ever?
David: Uh, that's definitely a, uh, valid question. And, uh, the answer would be (Writes YES on the board) yes. Yes I was. But, see, I wanted it to be this phenomenal kiss that happened at this phenomenal moment, because, well, 'cause it's you.
David: Right. But, see, the longer I waited, the more phenomenal the kiss had to be, and now we've reached a place where it's just gotta be one of those things where I just like... sweep everything off the table and throw you down on it. And, uh, I'm not really a, uh, sweeping sorta fella.
- And when Rachel was dating her assistant Tag, she dramatically sweeps all the stuff off her desk:
- Herman's Head: Herman catches Heddy in a vulnerable moment, and they do this on their boss's desk. The boss figures it out, and isn't happy.
- Seinfeld: George lost his job after having sex with one of the cleaning women on his desk. He said he didn't know that wasn't allowed.
: It has come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct? George
: Who said that? Mr. Lippman
: She did. George
) Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell ya, I've gotta plead ignorance on this, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon...'cause I've worked in a lot of offices and people do that all the time.
"I'M GIVING YOU A RAAAAAAAAAISE!"
- In the Zen episode "Ratking". Zen and his lover violate the new boss's rules and make love on the boss's desk. There's a laugh when the desk falls down while the boss is using it. Later, as the boss is leaving (and Zen is preparing to temporarily take the job), Zen tells him what they did.
- Lampshaded in an episode of General Hospital as a couple begins to make out in his office. The man turns and sweeps everything off of his desk.
Woman (confused): We have a perfectly good couch right here. (gestures)
Man: I know. I've just always wanted to do that.
- On the show Smallville, Lois Lane had an affair with her boss at the Daily Planet. Her cousin ChloŽ Sullivan referenced this trope when she urged Lois to break off the affair, telling her that she wanted people to think she had earned a promotion "at her desk, not on it."
- Happens between Charlene Cockburn (Kristin Chenoweth) and her husband in the pilot of GCB.
- Happens with Daisy and Sweets in Bones.
Sweets: We have to stop having sex on my desk.
- Gwen walks in on Jack and Ianto in the Hub in the Torchwood episode "Adrift."
- In one priceless moment in The West Wing, President Bartlet tried to talk his wife into doing it in the Oval Office.
- On the first episode of That's My Bush!, Laura wants to have sex in every room of the White House. She suggests this while George is trying to have a romantic dinner with her and secretly hold an important meeting in another room. Guess which room she wants to try first.
- Heavily implied to have occurred between Aveline and Donnic in Dragon Age II; Hawke leans against the door of Aveline's office with a knowing smirk, and we hear muffled giggling and moaning from behind the door.
- A confirmed case in Dragon Age: Inquisition with Cullen and the female Inquisitor. If you participate in Sera's sidequest to prank the others after this scene she'll say something about how hard it is to move the desk and the Inquisitor will awkwardly mention that it's "sturdy."
- Sort-of invoked in Katawa Shoujo. Hisao and Shizune aren't exactly professionals, but they are members of the school council (with Shizune as the president and the class representative), and their second sex scene takes places in the council room itself the night before they step down.
- A subversion in Rocko's Modern Life: Ed is working, and Bev comes to see him at work. He rudely dismisses the knock on the door, but then when Bev comes in anyway, and he realizes who she is, he knocks everything off the top of his desk excitedly. They don't do anything as perhaps planned because Bev now has a nose, and is put off by Ed's B.O.
- On The Simpsons, Bart was once hiding in the classroom coat closet and overheard Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner having sex on Martin's desk. ("It is usually the cleanest.")
- In the South Park episode "Black Friday," the head of Sony is introduced having sex with a woman on top of his desk. Played With in "A Song of Ass and Fire," though: he has sex with the reporter, Niles Lawson in his office, but apparently has a bed in there.